Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
  1. Do you attend firework displays
  2. Or stay home?
  3. Lol, have no interest? ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

We sit on our breezeway, with a cocktail or two, and watch the fireworks from 3 surrounding towns as they get above the tree line. It is so awesome and patriotic! The sight of the fireworks in the distance, followed by the boom, is such a great experience. We look forward to it every year, especially knowing we don't have to deal with crowds, traffic, or mosquitos. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@postman29 wrote:

We sit on our breezeway, with a cocktail or two, and watch the fireworks from 3 surrounding towns as they get above the tree line. It is so awesome and patriotic! The sight of the fireworks in the distance, followed by the boom, is such a great experience. We look forward to it every year, especially knowing we don't have to deal with crowds, traffic, or mosquitos. 

๐Ÿ’ฅWow, 3 sets of fireworks @postman29 !!! Awesome ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’ฅ

Bronze Conversationalist

Thanks for posting the topic, Angela! I like reading everyone's responses. They are great.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@postman29 wrote:

Thanks for posting the topic, Angela! I like reading everyone's responses. They are great.

๐Ÿ’ฅYou are welcome @postman29 and thank you for stopping by to join our discussion. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’ฅ

Silver Conversationalist

We like to watch fireworks from our home, as we can see them all around in the distance without all the noise. This past Sunday we were treated to an amazing display after our sonโ€™s high school graduation that was held at our nearest cityโ€™s baseball stadium. This is my favorite picture as the schoolโ€™s colors are blue and gold.

78AFBDB6-8630-4504-A584-D0934018A241.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LindaB671 wrote:

We like to watch fireworks from our home, as we can see them all around in the distance without all the noise. This past Sunday we were treated to an amazing display after our sonโ€™s high school graduation that was held at our nearest cityโ€™s baseball stadium. This is my favorite picture as the schoolโ€™s colors are blue and gold.

78AFBDB6-8630-4504-A584-D0934018A241.jpeg

๐Ÿ’ฅThat is awesome @LindaB671 !!! And what a gorgeous picture๐Ÿ’ฅ

Bronze Conversationalist

I enjoyed attending fireworks displays when I lived overseas and worked on a military base. There was a special community feel to it that doesn't really seem present now. These days, as others have said, there is too much traffic, and people are too steeped in political madness to make attendance appealing. And I worry about the effects of the noise on pets and other animals.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeahWA wrote:

I enjoyed attending fireworks displays when I lived overseas and worked on a military base. There was a special community feel to it that doesn't really seem present now. These days, as others have said, there is too much traffic, and people are too steeped in political madness to make attendance appealing. And I worry about the effects of the noise on pets and other animals.

๐Ÿ’ฅYes @DeahWA we tend to forget about the animals. ๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ’ฅ

Anonymous
Not applicable

I stay home and watch from my window or porch. Not interested in the traffic and crowd.

Honored Social Butterfly

Thatโ€™s for sure, it was different when we were younger. Plus we have a dog who just freaks out, tries to hide but she is too big, and shakes from the fireworks. 
Usually watch the fireworks on tv. I do think that the 4th is a special day!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@williamb39198 wrote:

Thatโ€™s for sure, it was different when we younger. Plus we have a dog who just freaks out, tries to hide but she is too big, and shakes from the fireworks. 
Usually watch the fireworks on tv. I do think that the 4th is a special day!

๐Ÿ’ฅWhat is the name of your furbaby @williamb39198 ?๐Ÿ’ฅ

Honored Social Butterfly

Husky, malamute, and a little of something elseโ€ฆMollie

Community Manager
Community Manager

I also stay home and watch from the roof ๐ŸŽ† It's definitely better than dealing with crowds! Tbh, I haven't been watching them the last couple of years cuz folks in the neighborhood put on a better show than the National Mall.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AARPRachelA wrote:

I also stay home and watch from the roof ๐ŸŽ† It's definitely better than dealing with crowds! Tbh, I haven't been watching them the last couple of years cuz folks in the neighborhood put on a better show than the National Mall.

๐Ÿ’ฅI am so jealous @AARPRachelA ๐Ÿ’ฅ

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

For the last several years (except 2020), we have driven to the neighboring town and watched their display from the sidewalk.  We take along a couple of folding chairs, and we are good to go.  We definitely enjoy the displays, though the noise stresses our dog (we don't take him along, but there is so much neighborhood racket from illegal fireworks).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mike7SoCal wrote:

For the last several years (except 2020), we have driven to the neighboring town and watched their display from the sidewalk.  We take along a couple of folding chairs, and we are good to go.  We definitely enjoy the displays, though the noise stresses our dog (we don't take him along, but there is so much neighborhood racket from illegal fireworks).

๐Ÿ’ฅWhat is the name of your furbaby @Mike7SoCal ?๐Ÿ’ฅ

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP