Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

How Do You Consistently Connect Socially?

Social Butterfly

How Do You Consistently Connect Socially?

My husband and I connect with family regularly by phone, in cooler weather we walk the neighborhood, joined a gym ( hooray for Zumba! ) and I'm joining a monthly zoom book club.  Would still like to do more.  Looking into community volunteering.

Trusted Contributor

I actually use Facebook to find and connect with friends from the past. I also text, call or email to stay in touch.  Whenever someone crosses my mind I contact them. I make a lot of "just checking on you" calls and messages. I walk 5 days a week and have met other walkers. We don't know each other's names but we al encourage each other. It's sort of a family of walkers because it is always the same folks and you start to recognize each other. I also schedule family zoom gatherings and make video calls. I'm blessed that I'm still connected with a number of friends for Jr High and High School. Life goes by fast and even faster as we move through it. It is important to communicate, stay connected and check up on each other, especially at this age - reach out and touch someone - it could mean all the difference and we never know when it will be the last opportunity to do so,  Right now I'm looking for a place I can go and dance.  Anyone know of such a place in the Dallas, Texas area?  I'm almost at the point where I want to host a old school dance party.   

Social Butterfly

@ToniS570313 That's fantastic that you consistently connect with so many.  Talk about being intentional! You have such a friendly upbeat personality and attitude. I hope you are able to find a place to dance. 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Every weekday morning 7:25am - 8:00am central time I do a live, online "Donut Shop at the Beginning of the World" social gathering show on my Facebook and YouTube channels. It's open to friends, fans, and anyone who needs to feel part of something. The conversations are very free-flowing, just like a bunch of friends sitting around a table talking about whatever.

Y'all are welcome to join and will be warmly welcomed by those already there. You can come in from either of these links:

https://www.facebook.com/ForagingTexas/

https://www.youtube.com/user/drmerriwether

-Mark

The medicine man at www.medicinemanplantco.com
Social Butterfly

@MarkV847771  Keep up the good work!  So awesome!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP