Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

HOW DO YOU FIGHT ANTI-SEMITISM?

How do you fight ANTI-SEMITISM when important people call our public health officials BROWN SHIRTS and even more important people state that HITLER did some GOOD things?

It is hard enough to fight ANTI-SEMITISM on a normal basis but when these important people make these statements, they know there will be those that listen and act accordingly.

That leads to violence and these important people know it.

That is a constant danger to friends and family of our Jewish citizens.

Honored Social Butterfly

@nctarheel 

@postman29 

In regards to the initial post here, I want to put this in a personal perspective…those who support anti-semitism, directly put my Family, and my Friends in danger. How can I stand by and not speak out on this issue…and how can anyone be supportive of this form of behavior, or having this attitude?

Bronze Conversationalist

I agree. Unfortunately the people who could stand up and reprimand their subordinates choose to ignore what's being said and done. As in the Big Lie and the Insurrection they've put their careers and their quest for power ahead of reality and decency. I feel so bad for what our Jewish and Asian citizens have had to put up with. Good people in America really need to wake up and stop this from happening now!

Regular Social Butterfly

I so don't want to write this, but feel I must...

Today it seems that EVERY gender, politic, "race", sect, wisdom has an agenda that includes disassociation from others.

How did this happen? mho is no matter; how did we, people, humans, become so ugly?

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Honored Social Butterfly

@WebWiseWoman wrote:

Today it seems that EVERY gender, politic, "race", sect, wisdom has an agenda that includes disassociation from others.

I am not sure of your point, @WebWiseWoman.

I am also not sure why you placed the word race in quotes.

Could you clarify the sentence that I copied from your previous post?

Honored Social Butterfly

@postman29 wrote:

I feel so bad for what our Jewish and Asian citizens have had to put up with. Good people in America really need to wake up and stop this from happening now!

You are so correct.

For someone that hordes of people look to as a godsend to say that Hitler did some GOOD things is abhorrent.

As Wanda Sykes said on the Kimmel show the other night.

"Adolph Hitler did only one GOOD thing."

The good thing was:

"Adolph Hitler killed Adolph Hitler".

Honored Social Butterfly

@nctarheel 

How do we fight…by opposing those who support hate, ignorance, and lies.  Not easy, but what we need to do…along with not electing politicians who promote those traits. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@williamb39198 wrote:

@nctarheel 

How do we fight…by opposing those who support hate, ignorance, and lies.

It seems that those that hold Anti-Semitic philosophy permeate certain groups outside of the normal hate groups in this divided country.

Many people of importance have, all of a sudden, found nothing wrong with expressing their Anti-Semitic diatribes privately, and even more dangerously.... publicly.

Brown shirts, yellow stars, Hitler doing good, these are all emanating from one end of our country's spectrum.

It is scary.

Honored Social Butterfly

@nctarheel 

Would I be correct in assuming that some feel like they have been given permission to lie, steal, and hate? And come out of the closet, so to speak. 

We need to have more positive messages, and tough stances which promote honesty, morals, and caring…that’s going to take work. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP