Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI

Hi All, I will be stepping away and wanted thank the awesome folks here who have been part of my AARP online life 🤗 Got a very SAD email at 8am TODAY and just sitting here crying my eyes out and asking why? I will NEVER get close to another dog. I will ALWAYS treasure my time with ATHENA in between my tears. Took over a YEAR to stop crying when JEREMIAH never came back home after my idiot ex let him outside by himself knowing our boy like to take off. I searched and contacted animal control and spoke to our neighbors 😭 Anyway, I too left 6 months later while my ex slept NEVER to return to GEORGIA. Jeremiah was my best friend walking buddie 🙂 Athena's mom's email is below. Wish I could ADOPT her, but my STUDIO APARTMENT is way too small and way TOO MANY irresponsible dog owners out here. I hope they are able to REHOME her.

As for Athena I have a bit of sad news.

She attacked another dog and I am no longer bringing her to work since I can't trust her to behave.

We are actively working towards rehoming her.20210315_122017.jpg

5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Bronze Conversationalist

@Anonymous I hope we'll see you here again. You brightened up the forum with your enthusiasm and engagement. Do keep in touch. We will miss you. {{{hugs}}}

View solution in original post

Social Butterfly

Angela,  Will miss your sunny presence, humor, courageous transparency and wealth of life experience.  Take care forum friend, Christine

Bronze Conversationalist

{{{{HUGS}}}}

@Anonymous 

Glad to see you stopping by again.

Bronze Conversationalist

Angela, best wishes and peace to you. Thanks for all of your contributions. I hope you find strength in your memories.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Oh @Anonymous, I'm so sorry to hear this. I know Athena holds a special place in your heart, and this news is devastating. I hope you've found some peace and are comforted by the memories you have of both Athena and Jeremiah. Sending you love 💜 We miss you!

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Community Manager

Oh @Anonymous, I'm so sorry to hear this. I know Athena holds a special place in your heart, and this news is devastating. I hope you've found some peace and are comforted by the memories you have of both Athena and Jeremiah. Sending you love 💜 We miss you!

Kudos
Views
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AARPRachelA your post means A LOT to me as you UNDERSTAND the DOGGIE connection. I told them I was not able to do the planters on Monday, was still crying. I am taking it ONE DAY AT A TIME. (((lots and lots of hugs))

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Angela,  Will miss your sunny presence, humor, courageous transparency and wealth of life experience.  Take care forum friend, Christine

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Rhymesometimes it really means alot receiving your private messages of concern and now this post (((hugs))) You and @DeahWA took the time to reach out to a grieving old lady, thank you SO MUCH. Yes, ATHENA is a dog and not mine, but she was a FRIEND. One who ran over to me EVERY time I stopped by to work on the clinic's planters as a volunteer. It will NOT be the same without her. But like with JEREMIAH, they ADDED so much to my life and I can now SMILE when I think of them BOTH 🙂 

Bronze Conversationalist

{{{{HUGS}}}}

@Anonymous 

Glad to see you stopping by again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @DeahWA I will not be returning but wanted to thank @Rhymesometimes for taking the time to post. It takes a crisis to show who cares/lol. You guys were the only ones that do apart from my sweet daughter who video called on Monday. She knew how much I went through with losing JEREMIAH and it took over 9 YEARS for for me being willing to luv another furbaby. I don't regret meeting her, but girl, I think I drained all my tear ducts from when I got her mom's EMAIL at 8am Monday. I am still sad and having to make myself continue to volunteer there. No more having her welcome me as I walk in. Anyway, I am so glad you found a spot on the AARP board. You go girl!!!!  My time on it has ended. Happy writing (((lots and lots of hugs)))

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Angela, best wishes and peace to you. Thanks for all of your contributions. I hope you find strength in your memories.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your post touches my heart @postman29 (((hugs)))

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@Anonymous I hope we'll see you here again. You brightened up the forum with your enthusiasm and engagement. Do keep in touch. We will miss you. {{{hugs}}}

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @DeahWA (((hugs))) back to you!!! I am making myself keep busy in between my tears over ATHENA. Was looking forward to seeing her again NEXT Monday 😭

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP