Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

Honored Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—  THIS GROUP IS OPEN TO ALL GRIEVERS NO MATTER HOW LONG IT HAS BEEN [years,days].

โ–ถ๏ธ*** Grief Team Member Cadee said this. ***โ—€๏ธ

SHARING thoughts on caring for oneself, making doctor appointments (and the difficulty in doing so), discussing relocating, dealing with finances and life's decisions are all important issues to discuss. These are all a part of being alone and having to make big decisions for ourselves (perhaps for the very first time). Once one "accepts" the reality of being alone, it is difficult to have to make these decisions for ourselves ALONE. Hearing how others do it and have done it has been extremely helpful to me. Accepting the loss is NOT the end of this journey. Listening to tapes and reading books does not always offer the personal touch needed at times. Having someone make us smile and knowing there are people out there that truly do care about you is a gift. THIS GROUP IS DEDICATED TO CADEE @Cadee2719  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Esteemed Social Butterfly

These are items that I have knitted in the past. I had to take a break from knitting for over a year due to carpal tunnel in both hands. Recently I have returned to knitting but only for short periods of time so no to stress the hand and fingers..I was asked to show some of my knitting projects these are a small sampling...

Honored Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹  Yes, it was me who asked and a BIG THANK YOU!!! Luv, Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** JONIBEE wrote: These are items that I have knitted in the past. I had to take a break from knitting for over a year due to carpal tunnel in both hands. Recently I have returned to knitting but only for short periods of time so no to stress the hand and fingers..I was asked to show some of my knitting projects these are a small sampling... ***]
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

SO GOOD to hear from you Jonibee @jonibee !!! Happy Dance Time.  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Lol my Grandmother TRIED to teach me BOTH crochet and knitting. Got the crochet, BUT not the other. Kept dropping stitches = holes left behind.  ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Yes, WE will MISS them dear friend until the day we JOIN them.

Luv,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** JONIBEE wrote: I have finally returned to knitting after a time away  because of carpal tunnel . This was before the leg problems...My last visit with vascular she said I would feel a lot of difference after a month so far this leg is doing okay but I have another issue called Bakers Ciyst on both legs which is where the leg bends behind the knee..It's a sac that fills up with fluid and hurts when the leg is prone position so propping it up takes the pressure off..A diet that is low in salt and foods that have salt in them has to be abstained as this makes matters worse..If it doesn't improve than an Orthopedic doctor would have to be seen possibly to drain that area..Hopefully it won't come to this...I have my days that I still mourn the loss of hubby but feel that he is with me spirit wise...I keep busy on the days that I feel up to it..Knitting is very relaxing providing that you don't do intricate patterns where mistakes can be made very easily..Have a nice weekend to All... ***]
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ™  Cadee @Cadee2719 , your brother is in my thoughts today my friend.

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Thank You Nicole.  My brother has macular degeneration in both eyes and was receiving shots in them to try to retain some sight.  The fall caused such damage in his "good" eye meaning the one that he was able to see a little more out of and he will now lose that eye.  ๐Ÿ˜ช  They are delaying the surgery while dealing with his heart.  He also broke his nose in the fall.  I am going there to help take care of him and to help my sister-in-law.  She is so fragile and this has really taken a toll on her.  Please keep him in your prayers.  

Esteemed Social Butterfly

Hoping all goes well for your brother and sister-inlaw and take care of you too..

Silver Conversationalist

Cadee @Cadee2719 ,

Another challenge for you dear Cadee. I'm sorry to hear about your brother's fall. I will keep him (and your sister-in-law) in my prayers and hope that they will address all of your brother's issues. Together you are stronger so stick together and support one another.

Marcy

Honored Social Butterfly

๐ŸŽ‚  BIRTHDAY CLUB!!!

Not sure IF anyone would be interested  ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„  but was wondering how you guys CELEBRATE yours? And WHEN is YOUR Special Day.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Any SEPTEMBER birthdays?

๐ŸŽ‚  BIRTHDAY CLUB!!!

Not sure IF anyone would be interested  ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„  but was wondering how you guys CELEBRATE yours? And WHEN is YOUR Special Day.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

๐ŸŽ‚  Lol, THIS YEAR I have a 8:30am FLU SHOT at CVS for my birthday September 26rh.  ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

And yes EVERY September 26th, I do my YEARLY stuff including a MAJOR haircut. 

Now Medicare messed me up a little and NOW my yearly Eye Exam is in April. Oh well..

But THIS YEAR I feel a need to CELEBRATE "surviving" the LAST YEAR.  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Hmmm, any ideas???

Anyway, I will UPDATE when I decide.

Meanwhile, would luv to hear from you guys.

Thanks,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ˜ด  Wishing everyone "rest & sweet dreams" TONIGHT!!!

Anyone NEED "rain" = I will be happy to SHARE./lol  ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Hope YOUR day was PEACEFUL.

Luv you,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Wow Nicole...we had some big rain storms here this afternoon too! I'm glad it was nice this morning for my tennis game and I'm grateful when the rain is on the outside and not on the inside.

Marcy

Honored Social Butterfly

So Marcy @MarcyW882921 , guess WHICH DAYS there is NO rain. As you guys know I STAY IN Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Yes, those 3 days. Then guess what is SUPPOSE to happen on my 4 days of errands and so on. YES, MORE RAIN./lol  ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚  Maybe Mother Nature does NOT want me to finish waxing my car BEFORE it gets cold.  ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„  Hmmm, wonder if she takes "bribes"... Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** MARCY wrote: Wow Nicole...we had some big rain storms here this afternoon too! I'm glad it was nice this morning for my tennis game and I'm grateful when the rain is on the outside and not on the inside.

Marcy ***]

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @iLuvAutumn , if it's like it is here, the weather forecast changes by the hour. Don't give up hope for some good errand running weather.

Marcy

Honored Social Butterfly

๐Ÿค”  Any CHORUS NEWS Marcy @MarcyW882921 ?

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

No regular chorus news since I missed last week while traveling. I will be doing another short term thing with another choral group beginning next month and ending with a show in February. I'm looking forward to singing and performing with a mixed group.

Marcy

Honored Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ—ฃ  Group Discussion:  Tell us about the ANIMALS who have made a difference in YOUR LIFE. Pictures welcome and IF you need help with this, let me know. Be honored to assist.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“ธ  Attachment  ๐Ÿ“ธ  This is a FUNNY .gif as I have already posted pictures here of my boy (cat).

I am TRYING something NEW this morning = letting him INSIDE "earlier" than usual. Now keep in mind I DO NEED to be up and NOT lay in bed ALL DAY "feeling" sorry for myself. The ONLY "downside" is that once I let him in, I have to stay AWAKE to let him BACK OUT to pottie as Mr. REBEL (named him Mr.) REFUSES to be a "dedicated" INDOOR cat. I "inherited" him this May 2024 when the lady who was feeding him moved. He was left behind by one of our neighbors when they moved last year 2023.  ๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค  Lol, my door is ALL TORN UP from him of late SCRATCHING the s.it out of it to gain entrance to my Studio Apt. Told him he NEEDS a job to REPAIR it./lol  ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚  Or I need to install a CAT DOOR BELL. Attachment shows what I am dealing with.  ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„  But HE HAS GIVEN ME A REASON to get up EVERY DAY and lessens my SADNESS with missing my only child in Florida.

Lol, I now sleep BETTER at night since I can NO LONGER get my OLD LADY NAP in. By 10pm he usually heads out after spending ALL DAY with me IF I am home (retired). And has a MAJOR fit when I have to leave. I tell him, he needs to learn to drive to Walmart to get his FRISKIES. The ONLY brand he will eat. Spoilt!!!

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

LINK TO HIS PICTURE BELOW. Remember, this site is really "slow" so about a minute for this link to take you directly to his picture.  ๐Ÿ‘

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Friends-Family/A-Place-To-Be-With-OTHERS-Who-Are-Grieving-WE-support-e...

cat-opening-door-viralhog.gif

Honored Social Butterfly

Bionic Marcy @MarcyW882921 , missing you and know you "is" having FUN with your family up North.

Luv you VERY MUCH,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Thank you for missing me. It was great to see my family in person and also great to be back home! I am off to the courts this morning to resume my "normal" life.๐Ÿ˜‚๐ŸŽพ

Marcy

Honored Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ—ฃ  Group Discussion: Any NATURE FOLKS out there?  ๐Ÿ“ธ  Attachment  ๐Ÿ“ธ  They say it HEALS our "insides" and "encourages" as we MOVE FORWARD. Hmmm, are you maybe gardening - taking walks outside and so on? Stop by when YOU feel up to it and SHARE your experience. I luv gardening but scared of SNAKES!!!  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

fall-animated-stickers-autumn-animated-stickers.gif

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Cadee @Cadee2719 , LAST year 2023 when we were chatting about my interest in the MOON - you had mentioned having had a TELESCOPE in the past. Was it one of those HUGE ones? Yes, after diverting from my STUDIES for a FEW MONTHS (dealing with a.sholes ABOVE me & more water leaks in my apt  ๐Ÿ™„),  I am FINALLY ready to get back ON TRACK!!!  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Thanks my friend.

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

No it was my grandson's telescope, not a really big one.  Now I am looking for binoculars so I can sit at my dining room window and identify all the birds that come to my feeder.  I figure when it snows and I am "held captive" in my home I can entertain myself by bird watching!  

Honored Social Butterfly

๐Ÿฆ  I had just heard a bird chirping away in spite of this NEVER ending RAIN and was "reminded" of a few things. One, this bird is HAPPY in spite of being drenched. I DO NOT need to go to Dollar tree TODAY, an "addiction" of YEARS. Yes, EVERY payday before RETIRING - I would be in the store. Well, I "is" NOW retired and "inherited" a cat who NEEDS luv, food and a home when he "decides" to stop by. Of late I guess he considers me Mom and as usual, spends the day with me. Lol, but 10pm - see you until breakfast in the morning. My ROAM at night boy. Nature saved me from "messing" up my budget TODAY and has been a SOURCE of comfort throughout the years.  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

OUR MEMBERS HELPING MEMBERS TEAM  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Julie @JulieT507376 , Jonibee @jonibee , Cadee @Cadee2719 , MC @mc6844 and Marcy @MarcyW882921 .

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Morning to all!  It breaks my heart to think that Julie is going through the same journey as we are.  I pray that she will take One Step At a Time and be kind to herself.  It seems as if life continues to be a struggle and we must be strong to survive.  My brother (the reason why I moved here) was rushed to the hospital.  He had fallen in the bathroom and caused damage to the orbital bone around his eye!  While in the hospital they discovered that he was having heart issues as well. (something that every member of my family died from)   They think that is what made him fall.  I am glad that they are taking care of all these issues and pray that he will be released soon.  All he asked of me is to bring him cabbage rolls!  ๐Ÿ˜‚  He is the last sibling of seven and I don't want to lose him.   

Honored Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ—ฃ  Group Discussion: THOSE BILLS that keep going up!!! And Medicare & Food sure is INCREASING for folks who are struggling. How are you making sure YOU are getting what YOU need? Maybe YOUR TIPS may help ANOTHER griever. Gosh, life can be so hard while WE try to MOVE FORWARD & HEAL.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

โ–ถ๏ธ*** Lol, I have NO IDEA how I am going to handle my yearly Rent Increase in April of next year. HOPING daughter will be somewhere with a job by then.  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

โ–ถ๏ธ*** And was finally able to see my 2025 Medicare CHANGES online yesterday.  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Use to be $6 monthly for my Part D. As of January 2025 $29!!!  ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ  Went up ONLY a few cents this year 2024. I turned 65 last year 2023.

MY SOLUTION.

[1] Healthy lifestyle to decrease chances of MORE medical issues hopefully. Some issues come with age or years of Caregiving (NOT taking care of ourselves).

[2] Keep the OTHER Old Lady (2006 Hyundai Elantra) running for as long as she can be fixed (parts available  ๐Ÿ™„).

โ–ถ๏ธ*** Now here is an area I am really "stressing" over BUT "hopeful" things will somehow fall in place.

MY food and Mr.'s food.

HEALTHY food as we know is expensive. And he needs a job or a Virginia Sugar Momma to feed him (seems ALL his human feeders have MOVED except me).

โ–ถ๏ธ*** On the serious side, WE WILL ALL FIGURE OUT all of this. NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Okay, I did MOVE FORWARD on my "last" bill post. Happy Dance Time - luv when stuff starts to FALL IN PLACE!!!  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

[1] Rumor says (Ms. In Everybody's biz caught me "outside" while getting into my car) Studio Apartments here are NOW renting plus $200 over what I am paying. She is next door to me and we are the ONLY Studio Apartments in our building. The rest are townhouses ABOVE us and a 2-bedroom on each side of us. So after my MELTDOWN, I emailed the NICE NEW Property Manager ASKING. Also shared that I will NOT be able to afford that increase. Rent goes up EVERY APRIL with "different" increases. So will see what he says.  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

[2] Since it seems I am the ONLY one NOW feeding the cat (ALOT of folks have MOVED, wanted to adopt him, the little s.hit REFUSES to be adopted), my FRISKIES cat food BILL is HIGH!!! Lol, TRIED the "cheaper" stuff at Walmart, oh NO, Mr. refuses to eat it. Not even going ALL DAY & NIGHT with it sitting in his bowl. I end up having to throw it out. So, the lightbulb FINALLY went ON in my OLD BRAIN. Measure his food. This way I am NOT just dumping it in his bowl for an ALL DAY in and out Motel Buffet. I feed and water him INSIDE my Studio Apartment in mornings. Then maybe lunch IF he shows up. Then ONE last meal before he DISAPPEARS for his ALL NIGHT PROWLING. Lol, he is NOT happy with me, but hey, he should be glad someone is feeding him. My boy!!!  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ—ฃ  Group Discussion: Anyone else FINALLY seeing the "light" at the END of their tunnel? And what I mean by TUNNEL, those days/nights where YOU just had NO HOPE.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP