Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

Points not being rewarded

I am not getting points awarded for doing a quiz and/or video.  Sometimes it happens, but not consistently.  It happens to my wife also.  It is very frustrating and time consuming keeping track of points on paper to make sure they are rewarded.  Oh, it does say in the transaction section I did take the quiz, but I was not given the points.  Anyone else experiencing this?  

Contributor

I have the same problem.  Leaving AARP and I go to email account then come back usually clears it up. If I am on my phone I usually reboot and I'm good to go

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @eg7049 

I've experienced this issue also, log out on all your devices and then log back in on (1) device after you finish doing all the Earn activities for the day.  This has worked for me in getting the correct Points balance.

I've been tracking my points since R4G.  I also get a screenshot of my Points Balance daily.

Hope this will work for you🤗

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I've had this happen at times, so now I keep track of the points. Yesterday I was 700 points down from what should have been my total at the end of my session.  Still saw the same too-low total this AM, so I started with that to figure what I should have when I finished today.  But it was down ANOTHER 700 points today.  Very frustrating. 

CaprineGirl
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@eg7049  Have you fully completed your activity? You must watch all videos until the end to receive points. Quizzes, tools, and calculators require you to submit the answers or required information to receive points at the end of the activity.

If something seems off, try refreshing your browser and looking at the Last Activity listed at the top of the page again. If still no luck, you may want to log out of AARP, restart your browser, and then log back in.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@AARPJanelleM 

Hi Janelle,

It seems that last night's maintenance was not very effective.

The system has cheated me of 9oo points; it just pretends and does not add. 600 points are from the new quizzes "Spot an extended car warranty scam" and "4 ways to increase the retirement savings". The other 300 points might have been cheated from Transform your walk. I am not sure if it added the login 15 points either.

Could you please look into this and have the problem corrected? I am looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you very much.

Community Concierge

@a170938b Thanks for letting me know that you were having site issues. I was able to credit your account the missing points. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything further!

Conversationalist

Thank you, Janelle!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@a170938b You're welcome! 😀

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@eg7049  and Janelle.

In many cases there is a lag between earning points and points awarded; when the lag happens, it might be 10-15 minutes or more; in the case of points from an email code, it might be overnight as I have explained recently.

To clarify, I am talking of the cases where after viewing a video, the message no point awarded appears but the points are showing in the transaction history and most recent activity. Same for some quizzes where a considerable delay might appear.

The problem seems to be exacerbated the first day of Extra credit.

I write down the rewards balance right away when I start and check on the balance at the end, so I can have a clue of what is going on.

The problem will not be solved if the standard answer is simply given (cache cleared, browser,,,). The problem is intermittent which is probably why the IT team has troubles fixing it if of course they are aware of it; the standard response usually given by administrators makes me doubtful that they are aware of the problem or care to fix it.

Please Janelle, ask your IT team to look into this intermittent but annoying issue, Thank you, Janelle,

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP