Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Silver Conversationalist

OCTOBER EXTRA CREDIT

Sloppy, Sloppy the October Extra Credits. The IT department made no attempt at proofreading their work with the extra credits this month. This has become so typical with their ridiculous errors that it makes you wonder if it's intentional. A member could easily think this is an extra Daily Win and get charged for a gift card they had no intention of purchasing. I wonder how long it will take to get this corrected. Never should have happened 😫😡

daily win.jpg

Just Saying

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @rednexsrus 

Lucy, we just get any thing posted in the catalog now😢

@gm5271 (Ginger) I noticed the badge is back, terrible job getting issue resolved.  Must have been a kindergartener working on it.

@andrewtoo  (Andrew) with emails issues, nothing in catalog for points only and the new Refresh Mess😤.  I rarely visit the site.  

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@gm5271 

Hello Gem,

I hope so much that your hand/fingers heal quickly and properly.  If you stop posting, know that the Community will lose a truly valued member.

@mi4090 

Hey Marylin,

I don't know what my rank was.  I've kind of lost interest in my ranking since I have ,first, been "devalued" and, now, the Community "refresh" is in reality just a mess.  The management of AARP is so stubborn that when they make a change then they must believe that it is the right thing to do, regardless of what we post in opposition.  I've become tired of posting my concerns because I rarely get an acceptable response.

I'm not feeling refreshed @AARPMichaelP @AARPTeri 

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Didn't see last part of your post(to Marylin) till after posted... missed the more button... which I can't stand also reminds too much of "see more"in Rewards its a bummer 😖 at least in Rewards it doesn't jump around up and down disappearing... real mess trying read 

So joining you in sentiment 

"I'M NOT FEELING REFRESHED" 

Enjoy your day! 

Ginger ;  )

Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Thanks Andrew

Appreciate your sweet thoughts...its been wild experience but I'm doing ok

Community email bugs me still... you posted this on 23rd today 28th I haven't received email even in spam of your tag to my name : (

I just happened thankfully to see when I came to thread from email that you kudo my post .... will they ever get system fixed 🤔🥴

With new way posts are its hard to see all posts way used to....I liked way had settings so when go to thread took me to latest I'd read no longer doing that... am I missing something? Need do? Or is it same for y'all? 

Thanks again stay safe

Ginger ;  )

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @rednexsrus 

Lucy, I guess few have noticed because the catalog is very seldom visited.

Rewards reminds me of Dire Straits song with lyrics "Money for Nothing, and Your Check for Free"😤

@gm5271 When did your status ranking upgrade, and see you added your badge back to profile.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@mi4090 

Marylin 

No idea when became Butterfly but been one awhile 

Yes I'd added Ace back see if it would easily come back just removed it don't care about having it 

Glad see with Community update you got your ace and ranking back... only good thing I see in new update

I'm going try move on don't like way Community works now so unuser friendly hard to track new posts since now get split up 

& Rewards are totally a bummer 

Take care was nice our time together here

Ginger : ) 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@gm5271 

Ginger, my ranking hasn't changed since I was lowered from a Valued to Regular Social Butterfly. 

You and @andrewtoo (Andrew) had the same ranking.  Valued was removed and other members increased to next highest level, but my status ranking reversed.  We still haven't received and upgrade but you have.  

@AARPMichaelP will other members status rankings be upgraded, since @gm5271 upgraded more than 60 days ago😯.   Thanks for any type of response you can provide😊.

@gm5271 (Ginger) it was a pleasure having you as a friend here and you will be missed in the Community.😢  Sure many won't renew, and few will be interested in joining after viewing the catalog.  You and family stay safe in NC.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Social Butterfly

@mi4090 

Thanks Marylin 

I'll stay a member of AARP for reasons outside of Rewards or Community been member since turned 50 ...12 years

I just no longer care for way they've changed Community setup and I already did only enough earning to donate monthly and try for daily when Amazon since new Rewards will continue that pattern.... from what I see on Rewards community not much posting these days other than Posts Teri does 

Take care

Ginger :  )

Social Butterfly

@rednexsrus @mi4090 @HokiePoq 

Hey gang

Also wanted say I've been curious also if members see different offerings?? Because from what folks share I often don't see what's mentioned This wouldn't be cool but as oldies know used to happen in old program  😞

Sure makes me wonder & why ? What reasoning? 

🤔🙃🤯😡😖

Ginger 

Gold Conversationalist

@gm5271 

The only reasoning I can think of is what we were told about the auctions in the old program.   I never won an auction until I had way fewer points.   They apparently wanted newbies to be able to win.  The winners' list would show someone paying hundreds of thousands of points and someone else a few thousand for the same item.   Not fair to those who had spent so much time on the program and had lots more points than I did.   I spent then whenever I could.   Now I'm not finding much to spend on.   I am glad to do the monthly donations.

The sweepstakes just took my points and gave no entries and I don't want to waste a redemption on a $5 or $10 card.  I'm glad to get those if I should win a daily prize.  It's not that I don't appreciate them.   It's just not worth it from a time/money standpoint. 

I can only conclude that redemptions were hidden from me as I have relatively a lot of points, although not a million like some have.   Maybe I should stop earning them except on things I enjoy doing.     

Social Butterfly

@rednexsrus 

Hey Lucy

Red Robin here in NC 

I rarely go there prefer other places over them

Not what I consider fast food they are pricey and Burgers are huge my son loves them I like all the variety of milkshakes 

I tried and luckily won $5 ecard months ago give to my son 

Lucy I'd also like ask since you stated MS & Baton Rouge La where do you live? if willing to share

I live in Youngsville NC (near Raleigh) now but was born in Biloxi MS grew up in New Orleans La & Carriere, MS my 2 sons were born in New Orleans even though lived 45 mintues away... once lived in Baton Rouge early 80's was near Gulf Coast when Hurricane Camille hit in 1969 left MS in 1986 been in several areas in NC since. 

Rare to discover someone else from Mississippi on here... still have some family there plus old friend since we were 11 there

Are you a Saints fan? I am

Just curious thanks

Ginger :  )

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hello Ginger @gm5271 

Nice to hear from you I am in Yazoo, just north of Jackson, Won a Red Robin & forwarded it to my brother in Old Fort, NC. west of Asheville. Have brothers & sisters in New Orleans, and Baton Rouge. Daughter works for Walmart & lives in Biloxi, MS. Small world after all 😉 Sports not my thing, just give me a good book & the front porch swing.

On another topic, I firmly believe that we are being profiled somehow, because I am not seeing an increase in “points only” rewards or values above $5. 

@HokiePoq  Mentioned that we are seeing different rewards from one another. Something really fishy going on 😡 I consider myself to be pretty observant but cannot remember seeing a $25 Marathon Gas Card that @andrewtoo mentioned in an earlier post. The last time was in the old R4G program, which I did win a few back in the day.

Just Saying

lucyp061351
Social Butterfly

@rednexsrus 

Hey thanks for reply & sharing info

I'm aware of Yazoo Ms old comedy person Jerry Clower from there my parents loved 

Indeed small world

My dad was born in Meridian Ms Mom from tiny area Conehatta Ms still have some of my mom's family there

Been to Asheville many times very nice area

I now live in Youngsville NC lived at Oak Island NC for couple years after divorce in 2014 mainly lived in Spring Hope  NC over 25 years & now back closer to my kids & grandkids 

I fell and broke hand and fingers this past Wednesday so was away from community came back its a mess hate this new setup so feel I'll be moving on Unreal really spent lots time in old Rewards program  & Community its all changed too much just not as enjoyable as used to be Sad sad : ( 😰😡 Don't know why they've done all they've done seems they try push away... guess they win where I'm concerned 

Sorry for dumping

I'm unsubscribing from topics time let go everything comes to spam as is 

Take care stay safe Thanks again for sharing

Ginger  :  )

PS: to any old timers reading this I'm grateful for meeting you here and our time together Keep smiling  ; ) 

Gold Conversationalist

@gm5271    Wishing you a quick recovery!   Have never been to Oak Island but see it on our way to North Myrtle Beach (if I'm thinking right) when we go down from time to time.   

It was the setting of a book I read some time ago that I loved.   Maybe someday.  Get well soon!

Social Butterfly

@HokiePoq 

Hey Hokie

Thanks for get well wishes tough not having use of both hands ...a freak accident stumbled fell in parking lot rehurt my left side messed up hand bad... it could've been worse so I am grateful but its not easy doing things since I live alone 

Yes OKI & Southport are in several of Nicolas Sparks books/movies used that locations ....its very beautiful and peaceful areas near Wilmington

You should checkout when in area Ferry ride from Wilmington/Fort Fisher to Southport beautiful $5 30 minute trip ( same as driving) 

Have several signed books by him at times seen him my Mom loved his books & my brother lives near him in Trent Woods/ New Bern

Take care stay safe

Ginger  ;  )

Gold Conversationalist

@rednexsrus 

I didn't see the Marathon offer, either.  But if it was the daily deal thing, I could have overlooked it, or not checked the program that day.     Unless where I can't do it, I check each day in the hopes that something will be added.     

Until this month I had not noticed any issues with what I saw...or was satisfied with what I did see.  Seeing several blanks at 6:30 a.m. EST was a first, with nothing of value left.    For the last several days, there has literally been nothing, not even small offers.   Just sweeps, donation, and the cards that are very likely selling at a profit for the program vendor.   Costco sells at cost for the most part with profit coming through memberships and when they sell cards for 20% discount, it gives a marker that I measure other offers by.     And the magazines.   I get magazines (some, not all magazines) for free from time to time through my professional organization.   Magazines need subscribers to get advertisers, so they give them away or at deep discounts.   The offers for magazines are not deep discounts in my opinion.   Looks like for profit by the middle man.

@mi4090   What did you see this month?

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @rednexsrus 

Lucy, Red Robin in TN.  Never eaten there before, not big on fast food restaurants.  Most fast food in the South is very greasy.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @rednexsrus & @HokiePoq 

Lucy & @HokiePoq 

I have been wandering if members are checking the Winners list? 

The free method and points entry stopped working for me in 2019.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@mi4090   I have not been checking the list...haven't tried lately.  But the free entry does work for me.   

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @HokiePoq 

Glad to hear someone is getting something using the Free Method😊. How many times have you won this year and around what time of day are you trying?

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@mi4090 

I have won a couple of times but not recently.   Once was very early in the morning and another, surprisingly, during the day.    Both of those were since anything has been won using the instant win method.   I finally won a couple of those early  this year IIRC but nothing lately.   I'm thinking there are probably a lot more participants active each day since the pandemic.   

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@HokiePoq @mi4090 

Looking for a member that has a Red Robin Gourmet Burger location in their area. Would like an opinion of their menu. None here in Mississippi. Baton Rouge, La. has closed due to pandemic

Thank You 

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

We have them in Virginia.   The grands love it as there is a great children's menu.   

Mostly burgers that I find on the greasy side but the kids get milkshakes on the kids' menu and love the place.

@rednexsrus 

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@rednexsrus 

When you first saw the extra credit, were there eight offers in each section?   I am seeing 8, 6, and 7 at this point.  (6:30 a.m. EST at first look)  None of them are high value unless there were three more which could have disappeared by this time.     Some of them are the type to be avoided....paying for gift cards with minimal discount.     Very slim pickings for October unless I missed the goodies.    In September the restaurant cards I got (love Bloomin Brands) were there on the second day although the Amazon card went away about an hour after I saw it.   But I did see it early in the a.m.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@HokiePoq 

Did you happen to see the $25 Williams-Sonoma, Inc. points only card on 10/01/20 ?

It was gone by end of day.😫 What gives ? 😡

Just Saying

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@rednexsrus   No, I didn't see the Williams Sonoma.   When I logged in around 6:30 a.m. EST, there were no real goodies left, just a few $5 and $10 cards.    There were blanks in the extra credit sections.  That is strange that you saw that after this time.   Makes me wonder if they are showing different things to different people now.   That happened with the last program and it was not a good thing in my opinion.   This is the first time I haven't seen a full collection of extra credit deals early in the morning.  I've watched them go relatively fast but never been without at least one visible good deal.  

Silver Conversationalist

@HokiePoq 

I was not aware of this type of deception migrating from the old RFG program, but you have to remember that HelloWorld was administering the program back then. Now we have Merkle Inc in charge of this new program, which is HelloWorld in disguise. I am not surprised if they are manipulating the rewards offered in the catalog. There is no transparency or oversight with this program.

You really have to be into ice cream or donuts this month. The Items for Points available this month has never looked this bad. 😫

Just Saying

lucyp061351
Conversationalist

I believe Deluxe was running the old RFG program.  They are still running the Allstate program.  If you look there you will see how familiar the program runs and looks.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP