Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

FitBit syncing

Hello all,

I just signed up with AARP today, and I see where there are a few devices that can be synced to your account to earn points/rewards, but unfortunately I have tried to sync my FitBit now more than once, from an iPad & now from a desktop, and when I click the "Log in to FitBit Account" button, I am not transferred anywhere.  Is there an issue preventing me from successfully doing this?  I wanted to get points for today because I have over 10,000 steps, but unfortunately, this doesn't seem very likely.

Any feedback is appreciated - thank you!

Happy SuperBowl Week-End - GO CHIEFS!  (Only since my New Orleans SAINTS aren't in that number this year!)

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@TamandHG When you click "Login to FitBit", a new tab will open up to a login page for FitBit. Do you have a pop-up blocker turned on? Make sure this is turned off for this step and see if that does the trick!

Hope you had a good time watching the game and seeing the Chiefs' big win!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hey Jodee,

I did enjoy the SuperBowl, especially since the Chiefs did pull it off in the end...

I don't know why an additional screen does not pop up when I choose to "Login to FitBit Acct." because a new screen DOES pop up if I choose any of the other tracker options...So, I don't think that would be my issue...

๐Ÿ˜ž

Have a great week!

Tammy

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@TamandHG Thanks for letting me know that's happening. What browser are you using?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Jodee,

I have tried on an iPad Pro using Safari, I have tried on my iPhone using Safari as well, and I have even tried on a desktop using Explorer...

All of the other tracker "buttons" work on any other device I have used insofar as getting me to another "pop-up" screen to log in to said device...Just not the FitBit...

Thanks again for the communications on this issue!

๐Ÿ˜

Tammy

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@TamandHG Let's try *one* more thing -- if this doesn't work, I'll escalate this up to the team.

Download the AARP Now app (it's free!) to your iPhone and try connected your FitBit that way.

Follow these steps:

- Login to the AARP Now app with your AARP.org account credentials

- Tap on the AARP Account tab, located on the bottom right of the screen

- Tap "AARP Rewards" (you'll see your point balance here)

- Tap "Sync a fitness tracker"

- Tap "FitBit" and login 

Please let me know if this does the trick.

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Caroline!

I am sorry I haven't answered this until now, but I finally downloaded the AARP Now App today, and my FitBit was synced, and I received the appropriate amount of points applicable for today as I had reached over 10,000 steps.

Now for my next question - I joined AARP exactly one month ago today, and I had been trying to sync my FitBit through the AARP website everyday with no luck, and I missed out on some points for a handful of days that I did get over 10,000 steps in February...

How can I go about getting credit for the days since February 1st (my join date) that I did indeed get 10,000 steps?  It really shouldn't matter whether or not I had the AARP App, since syncing my FitBit should have worked through the AARP.org website as well.

Thanking you in advance for a solution to this issue,

Tammy

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@TamandHG  I understand. I've added some points to your account to reflect the missing days where you reached your fitness goal. Glad downloading the AARP Now app did the trick to get your FitBit synced. Great job getting your steps in -- keep at it!

Contributor

I have tried everything, followed all the steps, emailed AARP, spoke to customer service...it doesn't work. Both the Fitbit and AARP say that my Fitbit is syncing with AARP, but it isn't syncing. Please, either address this issue, or drop the reward for this altogether as it is misleading and I am not the only person to experience these issues. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@SeanF344128 Hi Sean, please view the troubleshooting steps for your device: https://help.aarp.org/s/article/fitness-tracker-missing-rewards 

Also, you must reach certain fitness milestones in order to earn AARP Rewards points. Check out all of the milestones that you can earn on here: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/earn/#sort-by=recommended&type=fitness-trackers&page=1

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP