Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Extra Credit Lessons

I'm trying to do the Long-term Care Cost Calculator. After I put in my zip code and tap START nothing happens.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Me too. Let's hope this is temporary and not an indication of whats to come ๐Ÿ™„

Just Saying

lucyp061351
Silver Conversationalist

Is anyone having any luck with the December Extra Credits?

Conversationalist

I finally completed all of the December Extra Credit "lessons." It took me well over an hour, whereas it usually takes me less than a half-hour. At first I couldn't get any of the 3 separate lessons to load, except for a shaded area for each lesson with a brown-colored progress bar (it's still that way, as I write this). Then I discovered that by clicking within the shaded area, a dialogue box appeared which reads "Change Lesson." Clicking on that brought up a drop-down menu with the names of the 3 lessons you can choose to view individually and work on.

Even after all that, I had to re-take about a quarter of the quizzes or videos because I didn't receive any points for taking them the first time. Maddening!

All of the points-only gift cards are for a measly $5 so you aren't missing much of any value if you don't complete the Extra Credit promptly. The only one of those $5 cards I really wanted was the Home Depot card, and that was already sold out 45 minutes after the deals opened. Grrrrr...

Good luck to all out there.

Silver Conversationalist

Hi Gary. Same here for me, took nearly an hour trying to juggle around to complete the extra credits. This happens every month, they never check this stuff out. On top of this mess I never got my emails on two redemptions that morning. Hope AARPJannelleM can fix it. 

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
Conversationalist

As of 12:45 a.m. Pacific Time, the problem with the Extra Credit lessons being invisible appears to be fixed.

Conversationalist

I finally got my activities competed too. I don't expect anything more than $5 cards. They have completely gutted this program. Yes you still can't see the activities unless you click on the "Change Lesson".  I too had to do many of them more than once.  It kept saying "No Points this Time."

By the way the Home Depot card was not part of the Extra Credit.  It doesn't have the star in the the gold triangle in the upper right hand corner.  I think it was one of those random cards they post.  It was probably added earlier in the evening.  I found a Amazon last evening that I was able to get.  It too sold out quickly but was still being shown as sold out this morning.

Conversationalist

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community Manager
Community Manager

@dologram - Thanks for letting us know!  We are looking into that now.  In the meantime, you can choose your location from the drop down menu when you start typing your location.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

i experienced same nothingness w/entering zip code.  but worked when i typed in city/state!

good luck in getting offerings you wanted!

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP