Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Earn Double Points for Fitness Milestones!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Earn Double Points for Fitness Milestones!

Has watching the Olympics these last few weeks inspired you to step up your fitness journey? I know it has for me!  Maybe you still need a little extra motivation or nudge to go for the gold?

Starting today August 6 through August 13 AARP Members will exclusively earn double points for completing fitness milestones

Get fit the way you see fit while earning double points for these milestones – Make it medal worthy for:

Don’t have a fitness device? You can still join in the fun! Just sync with:

What’s your favorite Olympic event? Have you been personally inspired? Share your stories below.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Teri,

I have to give you an enormous amount of credit for your attitude.  The blinders you wear must cost a bunch, because your consistency in working through all the massive and continuous problems this program has are ridiculously overwhelming, and overshadowed only by the fact that a small amount of winning offsets the inexpensive cost of being part of this program.

Specifically...

Your information in this post ignores the reality that it's completely inconsistent when points are rewarded for fitness achievements.  Yet you come on here with unbounded spirit that an achievement fulfillment will win you double the points.  Myself, today, I have done just that. I may be off by 1 day, but my consistent completion of 10k steps a day should have resulted in 1500 points for 120 miles for the month.  That one's debatable.  But for sure, my accumulation of well over 10k steps today should have resulted in 300 points, at 150 for 5K, 150 for 10k, let alone the double quantity you so enthusiastically announced.  I was, as almost always, save for an occasional high degree of PISSED OFF, an adjuster, and ignore the absence of points and just watch a couple extra videos to offset the points not credited.

So I appreciate the promotion, and realize that since I got zero points, I did receive the reward as 2 times zero is zero.

I give you credit for rolling along with the rose colored glasses firmly in place.  You and the other AARP personnel that watch over this board are all in the same boat.  I could never put up with the massive problems producing the frustration that clearly seeps through in many messages on here.  And that's even though I find it somewhat offensive that I'm supposed to read this message and be excited, or more motivated.  

Community Concierge

@CrisR283833 We understand how frustrating it can be to receive the points inconsistently. We have identified an issue with fitness devices syncing on AARP.org and this issue is a top priority. I appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve this site issue as soon as possible. I can adjust your missing fitness milestone points. Please let me know specifically which dates and activities you are missing so that I can review your points profile and make the adjustment. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I agree with you. For just the past 3 weeks, I've earned points only half the times I reach a step goal with my Fitbit. It would even out this week if I actually got double points for the days I might get rewarded. Unfortunately, I earned ZERO for my 5131 steps on 8/6, and today, 8/7, so far I have 15K steps and not a single point earned from AARP. While earning those points surely motivates me to achieve my step goals, NOT getting the points is more frustrating than they're worth. Today alone I spent at least 90 minutes logging out & back in again, resetting Bluetooth, syncing & resyncing across 3 different platforms, and checking my unchanged settings & permissions trying to figure out how to jolt AARP into rewarding the earned points. Then I spent more time doing a few quizzes and puzzles to compensate. And I came to the community to see if there was an issue being experienced by others as well. Reading this over to myself, I now realize I need to get a life. LOL

Community Concierge

@LindaJoy53 AARP has identified a site issue with the syncing of the fitness trackers, we are working to fix it ASAP. I was able to credit you the missing 900 points for your 5k steps on 8/6 and your 5k/10k steps on 8/7. I'm always here to help.

Trusted Contributor

I was surprised to log on tonight and see the points adjustment.Thank you very much, Janelle.  Of course, yesterday 8/8 and today 8/9 I've exceeded 5K (but not made it to 10K) - and I just saw that the system gave me 300 points for today - so can you adjust for 8/8 as well, or should I call in to Customer Service (assuming they know they should be applying double points)? Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@LindaJoy53 You are most welcome! 300 missing points for the 5k steps on 8/8 have been added. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you need anything further!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Thank you, Janelle ... unfortunately, I have to ask for your help yet again - my 6500+ steps for yesterday 8/10 did not automatically earn points; so I guess the issue is still not resolved. I'd hoped when the points showed up on 8/9 that they had it fixed, but I guess it's still an intermittent issue. Thanks again for being here to help!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Thanks for letting me know, 300 points added! 🙂  

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Thank you once again, Janelle. Wishing you a lovely day!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@LindaJoy53 You're welcome, have a wonderful day 😀

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP