Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

Difficulty earning reward points

Regular Contributor

Difficulty earning reward points

Is anyone else having trouble earning points? It periodically says there aren't any quizzes, videos or games. I have to go in and out several times until it works. And Thursday crossword is still unavailable.

Community Concierge

Hello, I'm sorry you had having issues with the quizzes. Are you still having issues? - Daniela R. 

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I am also having the same problem.  Very annoying.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I get that quite often.  Also, I get a spinning circle where it acts like it is retrieving a list of earn activities and it never stops spinning.

Community Concierge

Thanks for reaching @cmulinix, I will pass it along to our team to be reviewed and address. Are you currently experiencing any issues? - Daniela R. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

1000014611.jpg

1000014610.jpg

@cmulinix wrote:

I get that quite often.  Also, I get a spinning circle where it acts like it is retrieving a list of earn activities and it never stops spinning.

Bronze Conversationalist

I have also all the problems mentioned so far here and they started the day before the last maintenance (April 9); it's very frustrating.

I did mention some of those issues in a previous thread and customer service said they will look into it. Long ago. No change but for the worse since.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@a170938b  I'm sorry you're having trouble! What exactly is the issue? What error message are you receiving? Are you able to access AARP Rewards? To earn AARP Rewards points, head to the Discover page: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/discover/?cmp=SNO-LITHIUM---&socialid=13369028632?cmp=SNO-LITHIUM---&so... for featured activities. Or check out the Earn page: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/discover/ for a personalized list of all the things you can do to earn — along with how much and how often you can earn. And, if you stumble upon an AARP Rewards badge as you explore aarp.org, it means another chance to score points. Let me know how I can help!  Jodee R. 

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you for reaching out.

I have the same problems as everyone else on this thread. 

Yes I can log in. 

However  I get the same problems shown with pictures by @cmulinix on this thread: I can run one or two videos or one or two quizzes; trying to reach another one, I get the dreaded circle and the only way is to close the site and reopen it again; sometimes this does not even work right away and one has to repeat the process several times or after waiting a long time before doing it again.

Today another problem: after reaching a video and starting it, message that the page does not exist popped up; it took several tries and a long wait in between tries before the video started to work.

I think your IT team needs to be aware of the issues we are having; I said the same on the phone to the customer service representative with whom I spoke.

Please pass it on to your IT team. Thank you.

Community Concierge

@a170938b  Thank you for your feedback, and I will forward it. In troubleshooting, you may also need to clear your cookies and update your browser to the latest version or use a different device or Operating System (OS). Maybe try a different browser altogether. I don't know if this is the answer, but it never hurts making sure you're completely updated. Thank you for being a valuable Rewards user!  Jodee R. 

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Hi, Peggy,

Yes, same issue; found using refresh usually works (as opposed to "go in and out")...

We do have post regarding Throwback Thursday puzzle here:

"Throwback Thursday Crossword - 02-May-2024 not available" 

hth

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I often can do a couple rewards activities with no issue.  Then comes the spinning or the message that nothing matches my search criteria.  It happens almost daily.  Logging in and out doesn't make a difference.  Neither does refreshing the page.  When I change my criteria (if I have any), it still spins or doesn't return activities.  

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

You may need to clear your cookies and cache and also update your web browser. Here's a helpful article that will show you how to do this: https://aarp.info/2I3wo4C. I'll also pass this along to the appropriate team to be reviewed and addressed. - Daniela R. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

My browser is updated whenever there is a new release.  I dump the cookies pretty often.  It is like the site works for a couple of activities and then when I try to earn more points highlighted text, I get a spinning circle or no activities found.  If I close out my browser and go back in later, it's fine for a couple activities again.  Is there something that thinks I'm a bot, and cuts me off?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

I'll be escalating this to our support team. What device and browser are you using? - Daniela R.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Chrome 124.0.6367.161

Android 14; SM-S146VL Build/UP1A.231005.007

On Samsung phone

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP