Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Social Butterfly

Daily Rewards Videos...Gone!

@AARPJanelleM 

@AARPTeri 

Hey Guys,

The number of daily videos available are greatly diminished.

This is a huge change!.

Is this an system error?  Can you check into it, please?

Getting max points each day is just impossible with the

missing daily videos.

Thanks for any help with this,

AndrewToo
Trusted Contributor

I have been doing the same 10 daily videos each and every day.  Those 10 videos have now been reduced to 2, the other 8 becoming weekly.  So, I have lost 8 daily videos times six days per week (I can still do them one day a week) times four weeks per month = I have lost 200 videos per month.  This is on top of the fact that they have grossly increased the number of points (28,000) needed to purchase a measly $5 gift card.  I have been trying to think of some other place where members are so greatly underappreciated, but I can think of not one.  

Social Butterfly

@AARPConsumerCare 

Sue, thanks for your reply. 

I like the Rewards program and almost always have; however less so over the past few months and especially this month.

Unfortunately, regardless of where the missing Daily videos are posted (weekly, monthly, one time or cancelled) they surely are not available Daily.  The 10 minute videos for 300 points are an untenable way to earn daily maximum points.

Frankly, I feel less appreciated when I am left with the new assortment of Daily videos and that AARP values my time so minimally. 

And, I say this being a fan of the program.  Imagine those who are not as active in the rewards program who don't post to or read the forum.

AndrewToo
Community Concierge

Hi Andrew! My understanding is that some videos will now be weekly and not daily. Be sure to click on Earn, to learn of the options to Earn Rewards. -Sue J

Conversationalist

This is just another way to discourage people from using the rewards program, so they can then say people are not interested. Next step let's eliminate the program.  I have seen this occur in many other rewards programs.  Companies keep cutting the rewards program to there is nothing left that interests the customer.  Then it is gone. This is how you get rid of a rewards program a company no longer wants.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@VictoriaT460003 @OneDayMatisyahu @WebWiseWoman @MichaelH852670 

We did make a change earlier this week to some of our daily earn videos and they are now weekly earn opportunities. 

We have also added double points for the next two weeks in AARP's Right Again! Trivia original game this week?  You can earn double points from 2/19 to 3/3, play it today and check out our upcoming Blue Zones Longevity Sweepstakes with more earn opportunities!  Link:  https://games.aarp.org/games/right-again-trivia

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri Why doesn't AARP make announcements regarding these changes, especially to their members? I'd really like to know! If I missed the email, it wasn't in my spam folder. What about an FYI in the forum?

More transparency, please. Thank you.  - Kelly

@AARPTeri wrote โ€Ž02-22-2024 08:45 AM:

@VictoriaT460003 @OneDayMatisyahu @WebWiseWoman @MichaelH852670 

We did make a change earlier this week to some of our daily earn videos and they are now weekly earn opportunities. 

We have also added double points for the next two weeks in AARP's Right Again! Trivia original game this week?  You can earn double points from 2/19 to 3/3, play it today and check out our upcoming Blue Zones Longevity Sweepstakes with more earn opportunities!  Link:  https://games.aarp.org/games/right-again-trivia

โญ‘ เน‹เฃญ โญ‘... โŒžWhat the GLITCH!โŒ ... โญ‘ เน‹เฃญ โญ‘(ใฃ อก อกยฐ - อก อกยฐ ฯ‚)
Regular Contributor

Thanks a lot, AARP, for making it even harder to earn daily points. Heaven forbid we get points from too many daily videos. Geesh,

Periodic Contributor

Getting harder and harder to earn points. Most of the daily videos are now 10 minutes long. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Bronze Conversationalist

Confirmation ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

I saw most of the 'usual Daily under-three-minute videos'  are now in the Weekly video selections.

Let's see....high priced rewards and a trim down of Earning activities; making it harder for us for some penny ante....?      ๐Ÿ™„

๐Ÿค” ---->   Alicia Keys ~ Where Do We Go From Here? - YouTube

Regular Social Butterfly

Yes, seems the goal is to force some kind of compliance with unwritten rules to score daily reward points? This happens about once a year/18 months. No amount of requesting "why" info has ever paid off.

Most concerning to me is there are only 27 videos for daily earning. Yesterday there were 32...

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
Periodic Contributor

Yeah, it's tough. I have to resort to filling in with weekly and even monthly videos. But you have to keep track of which ones you have used already. Such as you pad Monday with certain weekly videos, Tuesday with different weekly videos, etc. On the last day of the week (Sunday in this example), I end up padding with monthly videos since there are not enough weekly videos for all 7 days. Quite a pain.

Other option is to do a lot of quizzes to pad videos.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP