Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Amount of Earn Activities is Over the Top

Trusted Social Butterfly

Amount of Earn Activities is Over the Top

Hello Community Warriors,

How many of you think the earning activities are over the top, overwhelming?  This isn't like R4G earning activities where you would need to complete Yearly activities to get some points to reach max.

I watched a Yearly Dr. Phil video that was over 30 minutesSmiley Sad

You can reach the max everyday with daily videos and a couple of quizzes and a tool/calculator.

We appreciate the variety, but the "See More" button is horrible. 

Do you feel there are to many earning activities, let's talk about it? 

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Rewards Warriors

Can anyone see the problem with adding more earn activities and time taken to earn points?

Now Extra Credit to redeem points😤

Have a Blessed & Safe Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

The more Activities added the longer you remain on the site to earn pointsSmiley Sad 

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@mi4090 

Why do you have to stay longer? Has the point limit been raised?

The only thing that increases my time is when I've depleted most of the Tools and Calculators near the end of the month, and have to Seymour to the end. I wish the activities could be sorted such that the uncompleted ones would be shown first.

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@ralmon 

Ray, for those that are searching thru the activities/videos when something is added to the alphabetical list it increases the times you have to "Seymour".  Adding additional time to the search for what you're looking for or maybe to see the new video/activity according to where it falls alphabetically. 

Don't you think this could increase the time spent searching for new activities?  We definitely need the Sort to see uncompleted activities first, would save a lot of time.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Community,

Has anyone noticed that the more Earn Activities that are added the more times you have to swap and hit the "See More" buttonSmiley Surprised

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Community Warriors

More activities, equals more time spent pressing the "See More" and "Skip Ad" buttons.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Bumping back to top for more responses for members on amount of earning activities.

Happy Holidays,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Hello Marylin @mi4090 ,

Points were too hard to get in the prior Rewards for Good program.  I was happy to see that we could earn more points in AARP Rewards.

It has taken a long time to get some gift cards for points redemption, like we have over the past few days.  Although, they could improve the gift card value and usefulness and I hope they do.

There are a ton of point earning opportunities and I agree they could be accessed more easily.  But, I'm glad we can earn more points each day and that there are always plenty ways to earn points.  Points are not worth much in this program but the fact that we can earn more points per day makes up for the difference in point value, I think.  Interesting topic.

Just my two cents.

Thanks,

AndrewToo
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @andrewtoo 

Andrew, I love the fact that we can earn more points daily with this program.  I've completed every quizz and video (yrly, monthly, daily) on the site in the.  The farther I got the more times I had to hit the "See More" buttonSmiley Sad

I was just starting a topic to get members opinions about the number of activities.

Happy Holidays

Marylin

Conversationalist

@mi4090 

This is an interesting question. If one is only interested in gathering points, it may seem overwhelming. On the other hand, just like with any game, the amount of choices provide a challenge to find an optimal path for the point seeker.

From the AARP perspective, providing all these choices is a great way to show off all the various bits of information, not even to mention the apparent monetization from ads.

Personally, I found a liking to the set of short 1 to 2 minute fitness videos. The exercises are simple, the videos short and to the point. I may have never seen them without this Rewards program.

Thanks for the intriguing question, Marylin

Cheers,

Ray

Bronze Conversationalist

I don't think we have too many activities, but as you point out, some are extra long. I have as yet to do the Training: Funding a Small Business or the How to Market Your Small Business.

For anybody looking for tips on either of these topics, the videos might help, once or twice. But, if somebody is doing the exercises for the points, he or she isn't likely to finish them any more than I am. I don't have a business and I certainly don't aspire to starting one, so I'm not interested enough in those topics to sit through them.

As for other activities, AARP Rewards provides us with quite a list of things we can do or learn. Just about anybody should be able to find items of interest. Being able to choose Health, Wealth, or Self along with the other options is a start, but I, too, get tired of the Seymore octuplets.

Would I suggest fewer activities? No.

Would I suggest an easier way to find just what we want without our cousin, Seymore? Yes.

Have I suggested an easier way to find what we want? Yes.
Let's have a categorized list all on one page of links to all the activities so we won't have to rely on and wait for our cousin, Seymore, to open a minuscule window each time we want to look for more items of interest.

Enjoy!

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @Brightpool 

Lynn, thanks for posting your thoughts concerning the number of activities.

Happy Holidays,

Marylin

Bronze Conversationalist

You're welcome, Marylin.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@Brightpool 

Lynn, Merry Christmas to you, the wife and family.

Happy Holidays

Marylin

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

It is great for me.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist

Why is it a problem? Participants have more choices.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @a170938b 

It's not a problem, but it is over kill.  The "See More" button isn't a good thing.

Happy Holidays,

Marylin

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP