Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Would you rather live by the beach or in the mountains?

Retired Community Manager

Would you rather live by the beach or in the mountains?

Thinking back to growing up near the Adirondack's, of course I have to say...the mountains! How about you?

Mountains

Contributor

Don't care for the sand that is everywhere-in my house, in my car, in my bodily crevises, so I guess the beach is out.  Woul love to live in the mountains if I didn't have to worry about driving in the snow for work or personal errands.

Contributor

I LOVE WERE I LIVE, I'M 70 YEARS OLD AND LIVE 3 BLOCKS FROM MY 3 YEAR OLD GRAND DAUGHTER

Kudos
Views
Contributor

Beach 🌊 love ❤️ the beach

Contributor

I have always lived by the beach and have been close to the mountains in my travels. I am now in the Catskills. I am near the Hudson River and many lakes. I love the views and the wildlife here.  I couldn't be happier to have found my house where I am close to the big city , but still have the farms, lakes, and river.  I can never get enough of the clean living up here just 90 miles from NYC. I feel like I have the best of both worlds. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Beach! We live on the water in Maine and I wouldn't be anywhere else - May -December!

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

By th Beach, the sounds of the ocean, the smell of the ocean, walking in the sand..  Dislike winter more and more every year..... 😞

Contributor

Then the Caribbean is the place for you...

0 Kudos
Contributor

I was born in Long Beach, CA, and lived by the beach most of my childhood, but I'm hooked on these Utah mountains now and forever.

0 Kudos
Contributor

The Wasatch Mountains are beautiful!!
0 Kudos
Info Seeker

Love the Majestic Mts. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

At the beach, without a doubt.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My wife and I are on the opposite ends of this question. She prefers the beach and I prefer rolling hills or the foothills. She also prefers to cruise so being fairly close to a cruise terminal would figure into the equation.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Like both,But as i get older cold bothers me more...

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

IMHO, there is nothing sweeter than the turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea. I need my fix every year.

Periodic Contributor

sorry the foot hills of the rockys are the best lol
0 Kudos
Contributor

For me not really a beach but by the water with a pier to fish off of in my older years

0 Kudos
Contributor

For me its the beach.  The ocean brings me such peace and calmness.  There is nothing better than to walk along a shoreline in my bare feet.

Regular Contributor

Move to Ocean Shores, WA. We did last year from California. We are two-minutes from the beach AND it's affordable.

Super Contributor

With average ocean temps in the low 50's, what's the point of living by the beach there? Am I missing something?
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

It's the Pacific Northwest. Three hours from Canada. It's supposed to be cold in the winter. But so darn beautiful. Cooler temps keep us from getting overcrowded. We still don't even have a stop light in Ocean Shores. But we do have a library, three-screen movie theater, FM radio station and six miles of beaches that you can drive your car on.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

I was looking at the avg. temps for Puget Sound in JULY! Is that about correct where you are?
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Mid to upper 70s in July. Massive fireworks on the beach, too. Most homes here are either on one of two lakes or a canal. We are on a canal for kayaking from our backyard. Also in our yard are deer, mallards, blue heron, raccoons, bald eagles, otters, beavers, trout and an occasional coyote. Bears also spotted. 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

That sounds better, but our pool is still too cool until we get past 74-5 and we live on the coast in SC. In July, Aug time the pool gets to bath water temps as does the Ocean.

Sounds like your yard is pretty crowded...;-)

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I've always loved warm ocean waters. Our backyard.IMG_0502.JPG

0 Kudos
Contributor

BEACH

0 Kudos
Contributor

The beaches of The Philippiines gets my vote.

0 Kudos

I love the mountains. The beach is nice, and I do enjoy it, but the mountains stir my heart.
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

They are both great choices

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Mountains, I am beat down tired and looking for peace and quiet! I can always go or get to the beach when the time is right and I am ready...me personally

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP