Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What are your favorite cruise destinations?

Retired Community Manager

What are your favorite cruise destinations?

Do you enjoy cruising? If so, where have you been that you really enjoyed? Tell us about your experience!

Or, where would you like to go and on what type of cruise?

Regular Contributor

We have done cruises by Disney, Princess, Royal Carribbean and Viking.  Viking is by far our favorite.  we did Viking's Mediterranean Odyssey from Barcelona to Venice.  Amazing.  I think the Mediterranean is the best place to cruise.  

Contributor

I have been on several cruises.  They have all been wonderful and relaxing.  The carribean is beautiful.  The water is beautiful.

i just came back from a cruise in Puerto rico and it was awesome even though they had the earthquake we didnt have a problem. I enjoyed the 7 day carribean cruise.

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

Alaska!! So beautiful! I want to go back.  Thank you AARP for bringing back the discounted Carnival Cruise giftcards in your rewards program!

Honored Social Butterfly

Well, I've never been on a cruise of any kind.  And of a truth, I have absolutely no desire to go on one of those tropical/Caribbean cruises.  But if I could take a cruise, I would love to go to Alaska.  I would prefer to go during the late Spring or early Summer.  But I would go any time of the year if the opportunity presented itself.  I think Alaska, despite the cold and its six months of darkness, is beautiful and would be fascinating to actually be there to see it.

Trusted Contributor

Bucket list trip for sure...and I'd have to pass on a cruise as well. Maybe a brief boat excursion

0 Kudos

If you really want to enjoy a cruise AND see Alaska, consider doing a Cruise Tour. It combines a few days of cruising with a multiple day land tour into Alaska. Depending on the length of your trip, you can visit the Yukon and Denali and ride the White Pass railroad. It was our first and only trip to Alaska and remains at the top of our favorites even after 16 cruises. 

I am curious why you would consider a cruise to Alaska but not to the Caribbean. We have done 8 Caribbean cruises and find them so enjoyable even if only for the sunshine, blue water, fresh air, wonderful food and personal service. Well worth the $500 or so dollars it costs for the cruise when they have a sale. You cannot get a better vacation value!

Kudos
Views
Contributor

My favorite cruise destinations are the carribbean islands, africa and south america . Are there any  cruises  leaving at this time.

Contributor

I enjoyed a Princess transatlantic cruise the most. Spain and Portugal were lovely and historic. The entertainment was mostly from London's West End and just a cut above what I had experienced before. I can't wait until my next transatlantic.

Regular Contributor

I did   the southern Caribbean cruise  last march and going back in Oct with family and friends. my cousin and i fly into San Juan and explored  the neighborhood sampling foods. then left Sunday visiting St Thomas,St Kitts,, St Lucia, St Maarten and Barbados. We did local tours,sample the food, and the rums. took the mud baths, ate at road side stands, did some local rum tours. I did  some research and so i could tell the the drivers what we wanted to see. and they were accommodating as well as showing us local tourist places.did i mention the rum tasting.?my cousin is more out going so she can talk to a rock and it would speak back as i am quieter. the scenery was awesome,the ocean, the music, the food was great (she has sensitive stomach but had no problems).  the rum sampling, at every port? it was great and the people were so warm and inviting everywhere and because we were open to learning and responding back .I like this iternary cause i really like being in a different locale every day.don't like being at sea 2 or 3 days.In october we looking forward to having a halloween party on board.

Contributor

In October,  I took a cruise to Alaska.  The scenery was very beautiful.  I especially enjoyed going through the Glacier Bay.  I was able to see something so great,

Norwegian Fjords cruise in the late spring. Totally awsome with waterfalls everywhere.

Bronze Conversationalist

IF -- big IF -- I were to consent to inescapable confinement, I'd choose a fjord cruise. Best I can claim is a rough ferry across the English channel from Ostend Belgium to Ramsgate, Kent, England back in the dark ages (1970s).

Kudos
Views

Vietnam,New Zealand, South America.

Baltic Sea Countries (Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia, Estonia, Poland)

Kudos
Views

Halafax, NovasScotia

San Juan,  Porto Rica

Saint Kits, Carabbin

Periodic Contributor

I have been to most of these ports but avoid Puerto Rico for a few years due to natural disasters.

Robert S Hedges
Kudos
Views
Regular Contributor

we has a great time in San juan last year. i was there many years ago before it became so commercialized.i think you will be surprise.

Regular Contributor

i love the southern caribbean .the island are close enough to wake up in a dfferent port ech day.. the food, the scenery. i love the history of other places. unfortunately i don't like being on the water more than a day befroe touching land . I am not Noah.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP