Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Vaccine Card

My husband and I are vaccinated and would like to begin travelling a bit.  My problem is the name on my vaccine card.  Most of my life I have gone by my middle name which is Lynnette.  My social security card is under Lynnette even after two marriages.  My employment records have been under Lynnette, my IRS tax forms, bank accounts, credit cards are all under Lynnette.  My drivers license, marriage license, birth certificate ,Passport, optical and dental insurance are under Mickey.  When I became eligible for Medicare they told me it had to be under Lynnette as that was what my Social Security card showed.  So when my vaccination card was issued they had to list it under Lynnette as that was what my medical insurance was under.  However, if I travel(fly, cruise etc.) I have to travel under Mickey as that is my legal name   I have read that when showing your proof of vaccination that it has to match your legal ID.  I have contacted the CDC, cruise ship lines, state health department and IIS.  No one has an answer for me.  They basically tell me they have nothing to do with that and suggest my next source to contact.  Can someone here perhaps point me in the right direction?  I have already missed out on 3 free cruises as I'm afraid to book only to be refused entrance when I arrive.

Thank You,  Lynnette (Mickey) Sackman

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) Hi @kaymartian , any "updates" for us? 🤔 Awesome advice @Vexed 🙂

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly

Thanks @Anonymous . I have wondered about updates myself.

Social Butterfly

@kaymartian This is my 4 cents (inflation ya know). Back in the old days, I think before 2005, you could enter a name you go by on a SSA application. Like Bob for Robert or a middle name. Since the birth certificate listed both names that was acceptable. Then it became legal name, which is first name. 

Now, the vaccine provider should be wrong about having to put insurance name. They should put legal name. Insurance is just what they use to bill the provider for the administration of the vaccine.  Insurance also has your id number, SSN and birthdate to verify it is you (not all of it on the card but it is proof in their records for billing that it is you). There should be a database where this info is submitted and provider that gave you the card should be able to edit and re-issue card. Or someone should have some knowledge of your predicament. I don't know what to say if you can't get those that do that to help.

However,  all the documents you have should provide proof of who you are with birth certificate having both first and middle names along with differing documents you have with Mickey and Lynnette in various forms on them. If you can not have the card/database record changed, then ask the intended travel people if your other documents as a whole or which ones could be accepted as proof it is you and the vaccine card is yours as well.

I don't know if this helps any, but I wanted to at least try. Good luck.

Periodic Contributor

This makes a lot more sense than anything I have been told so far.  Thank you so much for your help and sharing such valuable information.  Tomorrow I will contact the office that I received the injection and card from.  Hopefully, someone will understand.

Thanks again.  I finally feel hopefull

Social Butterfly

You are very welcome. Good luck.

Regular Social Butterfly

Lynette, SSA does not issue a card different than the birth certificate>social security number>marriage license>divorce>marriage...

Perhaps you need divorce papers that show SSN? That's what I had to do for "real" ID to travel...

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Apparently they do.  I have all 3 of my issued cards.  The first one was when I was about 16 and went to work for my dad, the second one was when I married my first husband in 1972 and the third was issued in 1986 when I married my second husband.  

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP