Social Butterfly

Destinations Poll

• This discussion was created on June 12, 2021.
  • What is your favorite way to travel?
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Probably because when I was a kid, the family took long car trips every summer, or possibly because I'm a bit of a control freak, I like driving. There is satisfaction in being able to pack in a car so much more than I can carry on a plane. And I like being able to take spur of the moment detours to quirky local points of interest and amazing natural beauty that get missed in a fly over. And maybe flying triggers a bit of claustrophobia.

I had a long car trip planned for 2020 that had to be cancelled when covid flared up. This year I've gone across the state in late Feb /early March -- and it was dicey going over the mountains. I'm hoping to take a drive to somewhere in an adjoining state this summer or early fall.  When the border opens, I want to go up to Harrison Hot Springs in British Columbia.

Social Butterfly

@DeahWA wrote:

Probably because when I was a kid, the family took long car trips every summer, or possibly because I'm a bit of a control freak, I like driving. There is satisfaction in being able to pack in a car so much more than I can carry on a plane. And I like being able to take spur of the moment detours to quirky local points of interest and amazing natural beauty that get missed in a fly over. And maybe flying triggers a bit of claustrophobia.

I had a long car trip planned for 2020 that had to be cancelled when covid flared up. This year I've gone across the state in late Feb /early March -- and it was dicey going over the mountains. I'm hoping to take a drive to somewhere in an adjoining state this summer or early fall.  When the border opens, I want to go up to Harrison Hot Springs in British Columbia.

💥British Columbia, how exciting @DeahWA !!!!💥

0 Kudos
Contributor

My favorite way to travel is by plane. I usually want to get to where I'm going to begin an adventure. Recently, I've been looking at taking a long train ride. Riding through the country seeing things I normally wouldn't see driving.

Social Butterfly

@eladyswannn wrote:

My favorite way to travel is by plane. I usually want to get to where I'm going to begin an adventure. Recently, I've been looking at taking a long train ride. Riding through the country seeing things I normally wouldn't see driving.

💥@eladyswannn Have you been on any trips since the pandemic arrived?💥

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

💥June 12, 2021💥

Lol, to be honest, I have no idea. 🤣😂 With things returning to normal here in Virginia I am ready to return to vacations. 😁 Hmmm, maybe a short car trip to a neighboring city. Tried Amtrak for the first time in 2017 - yikes, some nasty restrooms. 😱 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Try the new AARP Perks browser tool! Get timely reminders about AARP resources, discounts, and other member benefits as you browse online. Install AARP Perks now.

AARP Perks

Members Can Play More

Membership unlocks free online games and puzzles including classic Atari Games. Join today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health