Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Anonymous
Not applicable

Destinations Poll

• This discussion was created on June 12, 2021.
  • What is your favorite way to travel?
Bronze Conversationalist

Probably because when I was a kid, the family took long car trips every summer, or possibly because I'm a bit of a control freak, I like driving. There is satisfaction in being able to pack in a car so much more than I can carry on a plane. And I like being able to take spur of the moment detours to quirky local points of interest and amazing natural beauty that get missed in a fly over. And maybe flying triggers a bit of claustrophobia.

I had a long car trip planned for 2020 that had to be cancelled when covid flared up. This year I've gone across the state in late Feb /early March -- and it was dicey going over the mountains. I'm hoping to take a drive to somewhere in an adjoining state this summer or early fall.  When the border opens, I want to go up to Harrison Hot Springs in British Columbia.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeahWA wrote:

Probably because when I was a kid, the family took long car trips every summer, or possibly because I'm a bit of a control freak, I like driving. There is satisfaction in being able to pack in a car so much more than I can carry on a plane. And I like being able to take spur of the moment detours to quirky local points of interest and amazing natural beauty that get missed in a fly over. And maybe flying triggers a bit of claustrophobia.

I had a long car trip planned for 2020 that had to be cancelled when covid flared up. This year I've gone across the state in late Feb /early March -- and it was dicey going over the mountains. I'm hoping to take a drive to somewhere in an adjoining state this summer or early fall.  When the border opens, I want to go up to Harrison Hot Springs in British Columbia.

๐Ÿ’ฅBritish Columbia, how exciting @DeahWA !!!!๐Ÿ’ฅ

0 Kudos
Contributor

My favorite way to travel is by plane. I usually want to get to where I'm going to begin an adventure. Recently, I've been looking at taking a long train ride. Riding through the country seeing things I normally wouldn't see driving.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@eladyswannn wrote:

My favorite way to travel is by plane. I usually want to get to where I'm going to begin an adventure. Recently, I've been looking at taking a long train ride. Riding through the country seeing things I normally wouldn't see driving.

๐Ÿ’ฅ@eladyswannn Have you been on any trips since the pandemic arrived?๐Ÿ’ฅ

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅJune 12, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

Lol, to be honest, I have no idea. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ With things returning to normal here in Virginia I am ready to return to vacations. ๐Ÿ˜ Hmmm, maybe a short car trip to a neighboring city. Tried Amtrak for the first time in 2017 - yikes, some nasty restrooms. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP