Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What does menopause mean to you?

Community Manager
Community Manager

What does menopause mean to you?

There are diets, remedies, hormone treatment and more.  Share what you have done or maybe what you recommend not doing for this!  Share tips, ideas and insight with others!

Great article on AARP to read -https://www.aarp.org/health/conditions-treatments/info-2018/menopause-symptoms-hot-flashes-hormones....

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Menopause is a natural biological process that marks the end of a person's menstrual cycle and reproductive years. It is typically diagnosed when a person has gone 12 consecutive months without a menstrual period. Menopause usually occurs in people in their late 40s to early 50s, but it can happen earlier or later.

During menopause, a person's body undergoes hormonal changes that can lead to symptoms such as hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness, mood changes, and sleep disturbances. These symptoms can vary in severity and duration for each person.

While menopause marks the end of reproductive years, it does not mean the end of a person's sexuality or vitality. There are many ways to manage menopausal symptoms, and it's important to talk to a healthcare provider to develop a personalized plan that works best for each person's individual needs.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am looking for help with a book I am writing about women going though menopause.  I'm looking for real life stories from women, their partners or couples of how this time of life impacted them. This will be a non-clinical or medical book. Just real-life stories of what others went through, in order to help women know that they are not going crazy and not alone. Something that any woman can pick up and realize that she is not the only person going through this and be comforted in the fact that she can recognize things she is going through, in the stories of others who have gone there ahead of her. I am collecting women's personal accounts and I hope to have a bit of everything. Tragic, funny, mundane, interesting... I am in the collection process and reaching out to support groups and websites to ask for people's stories for possible submission in the book.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I went on homeopathic estrogen and had no problem
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP