Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Gold Conversationalist

PAIN

Drug manufacturers need alternative pain meds.  Right now acetaminophen (Tylenol) and aspirin/Ibuprofen (NSAIDS) are the ONLY over-the-counter pain relievers without a prescription.  The brands may be different, but that's all.

Long term use of either can damage the stomach or liver.  We need a stronger type of pain relief but something that isn't addictive.  PAIN is a curse/scourge that needs to be stopped for millions of suffering people.

you should go to Chiropractor

Gold Conversationalist

Thank you FelixW...I am going to one and he is helping me get back my life!

Many seniors fail to get the appropriate pain management because opioids are seen as invariably addictive and dangerous. Not true. Care is surely needed but sometimes an opioid is the only relief available for long term, severe, intractable pain. Doctors are pressured to avoid prescribing opioids and to reduce the dosages regardless of the individual patient's situation.How is that best for the patient? By all means, investigate drug diversions from manufacturers and wholesalers, but leave the individual patient's use of pain medications to the patient and the doctor.

Most opioid deaths involve opioids plus other drugs or substances, often untested and dangerous. People in severe, constant pain should not suffer 24/7 because some people abuse pain medications.

Periodic Contributor

Oh man, in addition to the life-long close to incurable ache I'm constantly discouraging myself on being addicted to pain relievers. But it's aspirin only, at least for that I can give myself a break. Tried to teach myself to sleep on back and had no susses as it giving me a hard time falling asleep even with sedatives. One thing which makes my life easier a bit is knee pillow Ortorex here. Took some time to get used to it though.

Gold Conversationalist

Dear John,

Thank you for your post.   What is your condition?  I understand dull constant soreness/ache...it is relentless.  I have a pelvic tilt which may have been due to an injury.  I've suffered 2 years and finally found a wonderful chiropractor who is helping me get aligned.  Please know you have my sympathy and I hope

one day you will be free of discomfort.  Bless you.

Gold Conversationalist

These YOUTUBE physical therapists explain the best ways to get rid of plantar faciitis and sciatica.  Their approach includes the "Mckenzie Method". 

These two guys seem a bit goofy but they know what works!

https://bobandbrad.com 

Proceed with caution.

Honored Social Butterfly

@SIMPLEGAL 

It all depends on the type pain, its origin and whether or not it is chronic, long lasting or temporary, curable or eradicable.

Your doctor should be able to help you; if not he should be able to refer you to somebody that can - there is many kinds of pain management depending on the problem - some aren't even medication based, like acupuncture.

If you are gonna try CBD - just make sure that you get it from a reputable source in your area better than the internet.  A friend of mine swears by American Shaman, which is a franchise - I have no knowledge of it personally.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Gold Conversationalist

GailL1 - Thanks for the info. I think my current treatment is merely superficial; An x-ray might shed some light on what's really causing the problem, but thus far neither my doctor., podiatrist, physical therapist or chiropractor seems very concerned about my condition. A year of suffering is a long time to have non-stop PAIN...and it isn't over yet.
Regular Contributor

Hello...there is another form of OTC pain reliever, CBD oil.  I use a thick cream for my hand pain and CBD Freeze roll-on for my neck, shoulders and back.  This stuff works for me.  Heart

regards, Lucy

Gold Conversationalist

Lucy, thanks for the tip!
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP