From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Have your eyes changed as you've aged?

Message 11 of 14

About last June I started taking blood pressure medicine. It has brought my BP down cured my Essential Tremors and helped with my anxiety which the doctor said it would. I’m happy with the results. However in about November I began having weeping, teary eyes and I feel my cheeks and nose seem reddish. I spoke to the doctor and she has sent me to an eye doctor as she said blood pressure medication is a Vasodilator and she wanted to double check that was not the side effect of the BP medication. The Optamoligist flushed my tear ducts with saline and said let’s see if that works. He did not think it would be the medication. So far the flushing has not worked even though I’m using preservative free drops, gels at night and taking fish oil to help lubricate at his suggestion. I have scheduled to see him again as well as my primary to help decide how to deal with the constant watery eyes. I’m still wondering if after a few months on the BP medication with great results if for some reason the redness of my skin and watery eyes can be causing these problems. I’ll be 71 this month and i have not had the watery eye problem before.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 14

Yes of course!  I was diagnosed with cataracts at age 55 and told they were barely started. I am now 71 and my eyes have definitely reached the stage where I want to do something about it.  Last year I went for an eye exam and while the doctor said the cataracts weren't a priority, I would see so much better.  So this year I am hoping to get it done!  My eyesight has been terrible since I was about 9 so while I will still need glasses, maybe not such strong ones.  P.S.  I ate a lot of carrot but I don't think it helped!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 14

Yes, in a word: I had cataract surgery on my left eye in October (2018). I’ve been near sighted since 8th grade. But now, my vision is really blurry, because the surgery caused an astigmatism, and the right eye still has cataracts. I’m considering a product to help me cope with the anxiety that I’m feeling, waiting for my left eye to heal, and wondering what to do about the the right eye. This product is supposed to help me breathe properly, reducing fear and anxiety. It’s called Flow State.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Have your eyes changed as you've aged?

Message 14 of 14

There are quite a few changes that can occur in your eyes as you age, what have you experienced?  More information can be found in this article - 

https://www.aarp.org/health/conditions-treatments/info-2019/eye-changes-with-age.html

AARPTeri
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera