Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Reset Smartphone to factory condition

Silver Conversationalist

Reset Smartphone to factory condition

Anyone ? Looking for Forum to discuss resetting Android Samsung Galaxy S4 back to out of the box new

Thanks

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I have never own a Galaxy S4. But I had plenty of Samsung smart phones like Infuse, Galaxy S3, S5, S7 and S9. I had done my share of factory resets. They work pretty much the same except for 1 issue. Starting from one of the Android version, there was an anti theft feature. You cannot factory reset it unless you have the original Google account and password in order to complete the reset. If you don't have it and try the upgrade, you will turn the cell phone to a "door stopper". But I don't think it affects S4.

Before you reset, you need to backup the phone. There are many ways to do that and one of the easy one is Samsung Smart switch. Firmware upgrade would not be affected by factory reset. In other words, if the phone had been upgrade to Android "x", it will stay and the same Android "x" after reset. All the data and installed apps will be wipe clean. To do the actual reset, you just go to settings, general management, reset, factory data reset.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@rednexsrus    Have you looked at the Samsung web site?

https://www.samsung.com/us/

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Thanks for the reply cat0w. I have and the Android Forum plus YouTube, but was hoping to find someone that had already been through this and may be able to offer some insight and advice.
thanks again
lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rednexsrus 

Iโ€™m an iPhone user but have done a couple of resets for users of S4.

Link for S4 resets there are several types.

OOBE Out of box experience

Wipe is your data

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS738US739&hl=en-US&sxsrf=ALeKk004QVkwoFU2V29yq9wC2dDsm9...

If that doesnโ€™t cut it or link fails, try Howardforums and go to Android land.

Theyโ€™re the go to site for other users, and answer questions on most everything technology.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@Frozenoem 

Thanks for the link and info. Will check it out

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP