Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Password Manager?

Message 41 of 68

Good advice.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 68

Check out this link for LastPass and scroll down to the security secition.  Looks strong enough for me. https://www.lastpass.com/how-lastpass-works

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 68

LastPass for more than 6 years. Love it. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 68

I don't know about other password managers, but Roboform is encrypted.  A master password (which should be easy to remember) is required to even access it.  I have found it secure, dependable and easy to use.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 68

Makes no sense (to me) to have an app know or genrate all your passwords.  Every website is hackable.  What makes a passowrd manager website immune?

Then there is the "inside man (person)" possibility.  All companies can have greedy or vengeful employees thatsell or give out the sensitive information.  Even the CIA and FBI has had employees who have done this with a ling prison sentence hanging over them.

98% of my passwords are the same for frivolous websites.  Who cares if they hack that password?  Just vary/change the password for the very few websites that are important.   

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 68
Spoiler

I use LastPass and have done so for years. I only have to remember three passwords, one for my phone, one for my laptop, and one for LastPass. I can launch webpages right from LastPass and have the userid and password auto fill. All of my passwords are unique and random, nothing that could be guessed, and I don't have to remember any of them. Other family members also use LastPass, and we can share passwords with each other.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 68

I would be lost without my password manager.  I use the one in Safari.  I also have my passwords on index cards and keep them updated with changes to passwords.  There are 59 cards.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 68

I've used StickyPassword for some years, now, and find it a godsend.  Since one of the most egregious failures of password usage is using the same password for multiple accounts, SP generates a brand new password (according to user specs) for each account.  (You can also create your own password and SP will tell you its strength).  It can be set to automatically log one in to the designated website.  One master password, which only the user knows, accesses SP's encrypted database.  You can also sync with any other device.  

I was an early adopter of StickyPassword, and was gifted with a lifetime membership, so I don't know about costs.  I think you can use their freeware for a limited number of accounts.

Whatever program you opt for, for heaven's sake use one that will generate strong passwords for each account/website/login you have.  

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 68

I have used Roboform for years and I love it.

I paid for a subscription to Roboform Everywhere, which allows me to access my passwords from any computer, anywhere, and log in with my password without having to type it in, which means my passwords cannot be hacked in an unprotected hotspot.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 68

I bought a password vault from Sharper Image, which operates by battery, which was supplied when I purchased it.  I have had it over a year now, and I have not had any problems.  It is definitely worth the investment!!

Kudos
Views