Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

MP3 to Old School Components.

Bronze Conversationalist

MP3 to Old School Components.

No devices available that can play MP3's through a component system, aside of using a Blu-Ray player & TV to interface?  

Was thinking an old laptop with adapter may suffice, would not want this to be "online" though. 

Would have thought a small component with USB input would be available with standard audio out.   

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

This has already been asked, but where are the MP3s stored at this time? Are they on your computer, a thumb drive, an external storage device?

For me I have my music on a thumb drive for use in my vehicle. I also have the music on another thumb drive that is plugged into my smart TV for playing on it. My music, MP3s, are also backed up on both of my WDMYCLOUDS.

When you say Old School Components, what do you have?

GodBlessUSA

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I've been keeping them on thumb Drives, some backed up on DVD ROM, & of course I have thumb Drives for each of the vehicles. Memory is getting cheap eventually thumb drive backups of the thumb drives.

I was thinking the modern receivers may have a USB input for this purpose, though I just prefer my early 80's vintage Pioneer receiver. , 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@Tempest332 

I have a Pioneer surround sound system. It's several years old. Any time I play my music through my TV the sound is played through my receiver. My receiver does not have any USB inputs.

PioneerSurroundSound.jpg

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Kind of what I was trying to avoid ... using a TV or integrating a TV to a Stereo.  I have a Sony DAV-IS10 System, along with another Sony multidisc surround system in storage. 

A laptop (not on internet) may suffice as an interface.  Really surprised they don't have a component to accomplish this. 🤔

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

what device are the mp3s on? A thumb drive?

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Yeah, something like that, what I envision would be a small component with a USB port, possibly a small graphic display for navigation.... like a cassette deck/CD player component though.  Probably ran through a tape loop monitor on the amp, output only.  

One would think something like that would be available, but likely the phone surpassed it. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP