Have questions about your Medicare options? AARP's Medicare Resource Center can help.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: It took 10 Minutes to Sign-in to AARP

Message 1 of 26
Yes. Thanks. I’ve gotten past that and attended an orientation. One of the instructors is going to help me when I attend first class tomorrow.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 26

Yes.  I have already signed up as a volunteer and attended orientation.  The instructor is going to assist me with getting into the actual volunteer portal when I go to class tomorrow.  Thanks 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 26

@annelj69   Where are you located and have you tried your state and local AARP? Have you tried the following, by clicking on the MENU in the red ribbon above on far left side. See images below.

Near the bottom you should see this.

AARPStateLocalVol..jpg 

At the top of the MENU under your name using the drop down menu you can see this.

AARPVolunteerHi.jpg

Also in the red ribbon right of MENU you will see this.

AARPVolunteerHi.jpg

By clicking on Volunteer you should see this on the page.

AARPVolunteericon.jpg

Have you tried all fo these and still not able to get through?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 26

Here it is January 7, 2019 and I cannot get into the volunteer portal at all.  It's as if the site is so overloaded, google cannot show the page to me.  Had a volunteer contact me via email and even my replies do not seem to have gotten through to be read.  I have wanted for the last few years to volunteer and something always quashes it.   What is the problem here?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 26

yes, these problems are reported by me, and to me by vols I am to help...I have not been of much help because I have the same issues...someone has built themselves a very high secure security wall job at aarp..but ''we lose volunteers, over this issue'' help

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 26

"...Gateway Time-out     The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.....".

I've been getting this any number of times over the weeks. Additionally, the major sign-on issue I have is that only the text comes in, and all graphics are blank. That happens on a regular basis. That, along with the fact that 'my settings' does not work (I've posted that already).

I don't normally post this stuff because these issues are so frequent for me. I'm using the latest software: Windows 10 (all updates) and Firefox (latest version).

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 26

@mickstuder wrote:

10/10/2017 - Hope this doesn;t Jinx me - but I haven;t had any Logon Issues for weeks - same Laptop - Win 10 OS - Firefox Browser - etc.

I'm typically not a - Conspiracy Theorist - but I do believe someone in the IT Dept at AARP is MESSING  with me - I posted the above Post about a hour ago around 10 AM - then I closed my browser did some other stuff on my computer - came back and logged on to AARP around 11 AM and after weeks of absolutely No Issues - I get this

Gateway Time-out

The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.

Took me several attempts to Login

You guys really ought to background check who you hire and give the keys to the Kingdom too

Yeah I know - Coincidence

( " If I do not believe as you believe, it proves that you do not believe as I believe, and this is all that it proves. Sam Adams )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 26

10/10/2017 - Hope this doesn;t Jinx me - but I haven;t had any Logon Issues for weeks - same Laptop - Win 10 OS - Firefox Browser - etc.

( " If I do not believe as you believe, it proves that you do not believe as I believe, and this is all that it proves. Sam Adams )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 26

@Epster wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Signed into AARP today and they have a - Brand New Login Screen - I Hope it eliminates all the Hassles 

Thanks 

@mickstuder Welp, I got that new login screen and a gateway timeout this morning. That was around 4AM when basically nobody else was online, too.

DH, a software developer, saw that and said "Their system is overloaded somewhere and they have yet to figure out where." 

Yesterday - 8/3/2017 - I started attempting to Login beginning around 9 AM EST from New Hampshire - I treid for over one hour and could never Login - Gateway Timeouts - Dozens of - I'm Not A Robot Challenges - All Unusuccessful - I gave up - attempted again around Noon EST - Same Thing - Tried Again in the Afternoon and yesterday Evening 

Bottomline - I could not Login Yesterday at all......................I sent Multiple Tweets to AARP and Posted on their Facebook Page - No Response 

This AM - First Try - BAM - Logged Right In 

Yesterday Tried Using - Firefox - Chrome & Microsofts Browsers - all with - Cleared Caches - Nothing Worked - Windows 10 with all Current Updates & all Browsers Updated Automatically 

Google Chrome Browser Kept Reporting - Oops Something is Wrong with this Webpage 

SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH AARP SERVERS 

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 26

@mickstuder wrote:

Signed into AARP today and they have a - Brand New Login Screen - I Hope it eliminates all the Hassles 

Thanks 

@mickstuder Welp, I got that new login screen and a gateway timeout this morning. That was around 4AM when basically nobody else was online, too.

DH, a software developer, saw that and said "Their system is overloaded somewhere and they have yet to figure out where." 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views