Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

About Duck Duck Go

Do you use this browser ? I hear good things about it. Can one use it along with another browser ?

Don't have to close out my favorite one to install another ? I've been told 2 browsers' don't mix'

Doesn't make sense. ๐Ÿค”

Sandee2
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

As others pointed out, Duck Duck Go is a search engine and not a browser in Windows. I have used it for many years. The search results are similar to Google search most of the time. I never have problem with it. I have never research whether there is advantage in using it. In Android cell phones, Duck Duck Go is actually a browser. One can choose it as the default browser for the phone.

Silver Conversationalist

I've used Duck Duck Go for a long time and have had no problems. It's not a browser though, it's a search engine. Same as Google or Yahoo.

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.
Periodic Contributor

It cuts down on being monitored. I use chrome inside google and use the DUCK app. I see know problem. Nothing slows down.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Duck Duck Go is not a Browser (like Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Safari), it is a Search Engine (like Bing, Google or Yahoo).  It does, however, offer a Firefox extension aimed at increasing privacy while searching/surfing the Web.

Duck Duck Go's stated purpose is to help preserve privacy on the internet, and claims to keep No Record of Searches or Pages visited.  It also offers Tips and Suggestions aimed at reducing your internet footprint.

If you want to try it all you have to do is update your browser settings (Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Safari) to make it your Default Search Engine and Homepage (https://duckduckgo.com).  You don't have to install anything.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP