AARP members get more! Take a look at your member benefits.

Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Re: What type of support is offered for caregivers dealing with a spouse or elderly parent?

Message 11 of 13

@v270082k wrote:

I wanted to know so I can see if what I am going through is normal especially when  there is anger and resentment.

Hi v270082k:

AARP has a list of comprehensive care guides that may be able to point you in the right direction. You can find them HERE: http://www.aarp.org/home-family/caregiving/care-guides/?CMP=RDRCT-IC-CAREGIVING-072616 

How long have you been caring for your parents/souse? 

AARPJen
Caregiving Concierge
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
AARP Expert
Kudos
Views

Re: What type of support is offered for caregivers dealing with a spouse or elderly parent?

Message 12 of 13

@v270082k wrote:

I wanted to know so I can see if what I am going through is normal especially when  there is anger and resentment.

Offered by whom? 

By society at large? State and local governments? The feds? AARP?

I think that at some point in every caregiving situation there is anger and resentment. We're human~!  Yes what you are going through is normal. Yes yes!

Do you mean counseling? I bet you are going through your stresses without much if any help from anyone, either family or friend, or volunteers. In some counties, like the one i live in, the health insurance from obamacare covers mental health support at 100%. Go sit with a friendly capable person and find out how your particular story is working for you, how to make changes if you want to, what makes you feel resentment.

The book called the 36 hour day would also help.

You are very normal.

Say more?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

What type of support is offered for caregivers dealing with a spouse or elderly parent?

Message 13 of 13

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs