Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: ASSISTED LIVING

Message 11 of 13

Could you afford assisted living or... how did you get in a place? My mother has limited income and can’t pay the whole amount. I don’t know where to start. She insists on staying in a house, (that I own) but has limited mobility and increasingly falling. I live 2.5 hrs away.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
AARP Expert
Kudos
Views

Re: ASSISTED LIVING

Message 12 of 13

Hi Lon:  Thank you so much for your post.  Would you mind talking about how you stay up-to-date and competent with new technologies (for example: are you self-taught or have you had any training)?  It all advances so quickly and it takes me a few years to catch up to what is available on the market.   

I will share that one of our local colleges offers a mentor-up program that has the college students working hands-on with older adults to demonstrate the capabilities of smart phones and computers.  Pretty cool.

Amanda Singleton
All posts are intended to convey general information only and not to provide legal advice or opinions. The posting and viewing of the information in this community should not be construed as, and should not be relied upon for, legal or tax advice in any particular circumstance or fact situation. The information presented may not reflect the most current legal developments. An attorney should be contacted for advice on specific legal issues. Nothing written in this community is intended to create an attorney‑client relationship. An attorney-client relationship may only be established through direct attorney‑to‑client communication that is confirmed by the execution of an engagement agreement.
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

ASSISTED LIVING

Message 13 of 13

My name is Lon and I am a 83 year old well traveled single male living alone in a one bed room/ one bath/living room/ kitchenette at a very nice Assisted Living Facility. Imade the arrangements for living here by my self instead of a Caretaker doing it. I would like to share some ideas with caretakers and other Forum members that currently reside in a AL Facility. First---Let me just say to those of you in your 50's 60's & 70's. KEEP AND EXPAND YOUR COMPUTER, I PHONE SKILLS. It will make getting old so much eaiser and rewarding.

Lon
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements