Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Are You Still Using Personal Checks ???

Message 31 of 50
I also now longer received paper statements in the mail. I can view them all on line. Hopefully saving a few trees.
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Contributor

Message 32 of 50

Yes started using checks again because since reopening from Coronavirus merchants are charging fees for credit or debit card use.  Not just 2 or 3 percent but also a flat fee.  

Statements are much easier to work with in hard copy.  Besides why use my ink and psper?  Give me a discount

and I will consider

Highlighted

Message 33 of 50

Mostly I pay bills online but write checks to pay the rent and the housekeeper.

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 34 of 50

My husband and I still use personal checks for the majority of our expenses (we have been married over 50 years).  Neither of us likes the idea of giving a lot of businesses access to one of our bank accounts to automatically deduct their bills from us.  I would imagine it would be hard/time-consuming to try to get an error corrected if they deducted more money that the bill should have been.  Also, if any of the records of these businesses get hacked, the hacker can see all of your bank account numbers that have been provided.

I personally like the process of writing checks since that action makes you very aware of what your expenses are, and I always know what our current balance is from the end stub in the checkbook.  I enjoy buying stamps and doing my part to keep the U.S. Postal Service in business.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Contributor

Message 35 of 50

Hello. I still write a few checks a year but only because some of the people I owe accept only cash or check. My preferred method of payment is debit card.

Highlighted

Message 36 of 50

HEY, If People Want To Be Paid, They Better Accept My Check as Payment! Or They Don't Get Paid!  YEAH! I Went There!

Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly

Message 37 of 50

As little as possible.    My husband wants me to go back to just checking because our checking account has been hacked a few times. I don't want to, they may be safer, but I pay the bills, so I don't, plus checks are also so darn expensive.

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Highlighted
Contributor

Message 38 of 50

I still use checks to help my adult children, monthly, and for making my credit card payments, paying taxes, insurance payments, etc. 

Are you recommending that we not to use personal checks? I have just continued doing what I have always done. Is it better to use some other way to pay these types of bills?

Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly

Message 39 of 50
@ wj8996 I don't get a statement either, but I check it Every Day due to hacking several times.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Highlighted
Info Seeker

Message 40 of 50

Debit cards are dangerous especially using in internet......Stay with checks or credit card Because with credit you have protections

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users