From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Fluoride - Demand AARP Take Action

Message 71 of 1,448

It must be nice to change the words of  opponents so it gives you the luxury of condemning them. 

I did not say the U.S. is a police state.. I said the truth, which is water  fluoridation is a police action and in CA it is a mandate forced by the State. It is a blunder.

Adding F into public water, which does not sanitize water, is illegal. The SDWA prohibits even the addition into water  of a banana peel , or vitamin C, etc. The public water supply is not a repository or medium to be used to treat humans with any food , nutrient, drug, or in the case  of F a poisonous substance. The Act is a derivative  of the water pollution control act which was first conceived by president John F Kennedy, with the purpose of maintaining the  chemistry of the natural  waters of the country. 

But fluorudationists have broken the law by excusing the  infusion of F which fluoridates peoples' bones, where 95% of assimilated F accumulates . 

Only substances that purify water and make it potable and non-infective are legal  additives. 

But when laws are broken and the police do nothing abour it  and in fact help enforce tbe breaking of the law,

call it what you like, but it is nevertheless illegal, anti democratic, and there is nothing a normal cirizen  can do to correct it.  And Im not crying crocodile tears. I feel sorry for people who are so taken in by falsehood. Again, I fail to see the humor. And posting the truth online does not force anyone to stop fluoridating themselves. Just brush one extra time daily with F'd toothpaste and that should cover what you  get  from the fluoridation of a cities' entire water supply to treat teeth. 

Richard Sauerheber, Ph.D.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 1,448

Why should I answer you when you do not answer me.  

Ive asked for many months and sent you a pile of references on excess exposure.  

You know now too many are ingesting too much and you refuse to respond to the basic concept of dosage.  

Bill Osmunson DDS MPH

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 1,448

Crocodile tears, Richard. If you don't pay your rates or bills then, of course, there will be civil actions. I would face the same problem. That doesn't mean anyone forces you to drink the provided water. And all the anti-fluoride people I know take their own actions - all cheap - to do so. Just I as I would if I did not like the fluoride, chlorine or other things in my water. Many people use cheap filter systems, for example, and don't go around bitching about being "forced" by police to drink the provided water. That is just silly.

You say you and your mates "have no time to deny others access to F'd water nor could they achieve that in a police state anyway. " - Yet that is exactly hat you are doing. You have time to and money to go on social media, participate in all sorts of actions aimed at denying others access to a safe and effective health measure - against their will.

Then you describe the USA as a police state. There is a lot wrong with the US - its politics is disgusting, it illegally intervenes around the world to oppose the interests of properly in other countries. But only a nutter would call the USA a police state.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 1,448

Why whats so funny? I didn't say the police hold me down and force feed F'd water down my throat. I said fluoridation  of public water supplies is a police action. If one objects with the water district and refuses to pay for the contaminated water that before was normal water, your water will be shut off to your house. Not just drinking water all water, for  your garden, cleaning, all water. Yes you pay to fluoridate laundry water, all water, not just water for treating teeth.

Most people cannot afford to haul water for cooking and drinking and also have to pay for the water into their  housr for all other purposes.  And most civilized people I know who can afford to haul water to not fluoridate their children and themselves have no time to deny others  access to F'd water nor could they achieve that in a policed action  anyway. The facility at which San Diego water is illegally treated with F is surrounded by barbed wire fences, armed guards, and any complaint registered there is disallowed and you are  subject to arrest for "loiterng" at a public water facility.

While  you giggle about the misfortunes of others, I fail to see the humor.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 1,448

Richard, I did have a wee giggle at the thought of your thinking police force you to drink fluoridated water.

In my experience, anti-fluoride activists to a man and women do have alternatives in fluoridated areas. It's just that they want to deny this safe and effective health measure to others who have no objection to it.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 1,448

Bill, what do you specifically disagree with? I went to a bit of trouble to explain in detail soi feel I deserved a better response than that.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 1,448

Yes, Ken.  I understand and disagree with your opinion on the Green data.

Do you understand my question on total fluoride exposure?  

Too many are ingesting too much fluoride.

Bill Osmunson DDS MPH

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 1,448

Ken,

You seem to object to the concept of "forced fluoridation" or forced increased exposure to fluoride.

If a water purveyor does not fluoridate, a person can ingest fluoride from other sources, such as toothpaste.

If a water purveyor fluoridates, a resident cannot avoid the fluoridated water.  Restaurants and food service use the water for food processing, showers, beverages, etc.

Certainly you should agree a resident is "forced "to pay for it in their water bill, if they continue to live in that city.  And those chemically sensitive are usually in a low income because their health is compromised and can't afford to move; although, I know of one family who has moved twice.

I have not seen your evidence on exposure.  Too many are ingesting too much fluoride even without fluoridation.  Why add more?

Bill Osmunson DDS MPH

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 1,448

Rubbish? Fluoridation in the U.S. is a police action and is indeed forced. The city of San Diego voted twice against fluoridation and yet citizens are forced to accept it and they must pay for it in their municipal supply that is also required to be purchased. 

Even if a city were stupid enough to vote for the fluoridation of peoples' skeletons, then the rest of the city who opposes it are also thus forced to accept the mistakes of others.

The irony is that I guarantee you that if I see kids next door in a nonfluoridated city that I deem should be fluoridated, and I plumb a fluoridation feed system into my neighbor's plumbing against his wishes because I deem that it is "good for his kids", then I would and should br arrested.  But when the city does it to everyone, it is not only allowed, it is a forced, nonDemocratic police action.

A democracy is a system where the majority looks out for the minority, and doesn't trample over it because they "won" an election.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 1,448

The purpose of this AARP forum is to empower Americans over age 50 to live their best lifes. The purpose of JAMA Pediatrics is to advance the health and well-being of infants, children, and adolescents. 

JAMA Pediatrics is the oldest and top ranked pediatric journal in the world. It subjected the MIREC study by Green et al. to extensive scrutiny from expert scientists, including a number who support fluoridation policy. JAMA Pediatrics also subjected this study to two independent statistical analyses - all because the editors wanted to believe the myth of fluoride instead of the science. However, those medical professionals had the integrity to admit that this study is very high quality with sound findings and conclusions that deserve to be published. The editors also noted that science is iterative and consequently changes with new information. 

If you want to continue to believe that consuming fluoride provides some dental benefit, this study has no opinion on that.... but even if fluoridation did prevent cavities (the best evidence finds it doesn't, or at least not by much), there is substantial evidence including the evidence in this study that finds fluoridation and low dose exposure to fluoride causes subtle brain damage. Since that brain damage manifests as lowered IQ in the very young, the best modern recommendations are that pregnant women avoid fluoride and fluoridated water during pregnancy. Other studies recommend the same for families with preschoolers because of evidence of unsafe fluoride overdoses from diet. Researchers in fluoride and neurodegenerative diseases like dementia recommend the same thing for seniors

Students of statistics and anyone else with time on their hands are welcome to play with the numbers themselves, but, in my opinion, persistent use of this forum in an attempt to deny valid published science based on amateur evaluations of data that differ from the expert analyses  contradicts the purposes of AARP and JAMA Pediatrics. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season