Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

Affirmation Tea - Jan 2022

Hello friends and welcome to the first edition of affirmation tea for 2022 ๐ŸŽ‰ If you're new here, this is where I will be sharing weekly affirmations. I encourage you to utilize them whenever you are in need and to share your own affirmations here.

This affirmation is inspired by @SheilaL943627's word for 2022: kindness. Let's kick off 2022 by being kind to ourselves โฌ‡๏ธ

Affirmation 35.png

How do you give yourself kindness and grace? What words do you say to uplift yourself?

To affirm for yourself, reply with ๐Ÿ’– or "yes."

I hope you all are having a wonderful start to the new year! I hope this year is filled with more ups than downs. Sending you all joy, peace, and goodness ๐Ÿ’œ

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (11/25/22) ๐Ÿ’/yes - I give myself permission to stay in bed and sleep in "in spite" of all the items on my Things To Do List. Luv this post @AARPRachelA . HOPE you will return to post more! Nicole 

๐Ÿ™‚

Contributor

๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ’

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Your beautiful! Keep smiling! Nature gives us so much energy and joy. Hug a tree or just talk with it.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy Friday, everyone! This week's affirmation was inspired by @KarinA970561@gordon741  and @KathyW552366s' word for 2022: hope/hopeful!

Affirmation 36.png

Did you know that researchers have found that happy people tend to think about the future more often than their less-upbeat counterparts? When you think about the future, do you feel hopeful and optimistic? How do you cultivate those positive feelings?

Reply with ๐ŸŒ  or "yes" to affirm for yourself.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend, and if you're in the Northeast you stay warm and cozy!

For brain health information, visit AARP Staying Sharp.

Silver Conversationalist

๐Ÿ’–

Choosing Kindness not only heals me ...it spreads within the hearts and souls of others. I can in some small way be a part of a a world where no one is unwanted in any way. โค

Social Butterfly

I get out my Carly Simon album and play "Baby, Youโ€™re the Best".  Thanks Carly!

Periodic Contributor

I remind myself, I am a child of God.

Conversationalist

Go for a walk and listen to nature, buzzing of bees, butterflies flying around you and talk to the birds. If can hug a tree, they love when you talk to them, plus you will get so much energy from them!

Always smile because you donโ€™t know what other people are going thru- one smile makes so much Love and Compassion pass through them in an instant.

Community Manager
Community Manager

I like to hug trees and thank them for all that they provide for us ๐ŸŒณ

Periodic Contributor

I believe this is true for me as I spend more time alone with my granddoggie, Roxie. She keeps me from going stir crazy when I can't get out. I talk to her and she looks at me while I do so and often comes over and puts her paw on my knee. I've had a rough time getting over the long hauling covid and have finally turned the corner to getting back to my normal self. I feel more positive than I have in a long time. No more depression, have more energy, and have learned to pace myself to stay well. If I get tired while cleaning, I quit and do it later or the next day. This is a problem I had to over come as I like to get it done and have free time. Now my free time is between the cleaning and it works. I don't get upset with myself because I couldn't finish the job. Everyone stay safe and true to yourself. Prayers for all.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Pets are wonderful companions! I'm glad you have a granddoggie to keep you company sometimes and I'm glad you're recovering from long COVID ๐Ÿ’œ

Be your own best friend and have a best friend.

Social Butterfly

@RedH Love that!  Welcome to the online AARP community.  So glad you have joined us.

Periodic Contributor

โค๏ธ

Bronze Conversationalist

Did I miss last week's affirmation? Also I really like the AARP Affirmations link. I think if the world would do an affirmation a day, it would be a very different world for the

better 

https://videos.aarp.org/detail/video/5128460124001/guided-breathing:-two-minute-affirmations---aarp?...

Social Butterfly

@TheSuzyQ Great link.  I especially like, "I accept the things I can not change."  Always good to be reminded of that.

Social Butterfly

@AARPRachelA Love that!   Be nice to yourself. Itโ€™s hard to be happy when someone is always mean to you all the time.โ€ โ€“ Christine Arylo

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing that quote @Rhymesometimes! It really resonates with me ๐Ÿ’œ

Bronze Conversationalist

๐Ÿ’–

Silver Conversationalist

๐Ÿ’–

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP