Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

Hartford Insurance

I completed the online application for Home/Auto insurance.

It was denied without ANY explanation. 

I started a chat session and asked why and was told my roof was too old - over 15 years old.  I NEVER provided any information about my roof.  Very suspicious.  This reeks of the old zip code red-lining.

AARP-have Hartford be clear and UPFRONT on their application.  They asked quite a few questions on the app but there was definitely nothing on the app in regards to the roof.

I just recently received a quote from Hartford. I tried to bundle home and auto. The car insurance was reasonable but I was denied as well for homeowners. They said they would get back with me on remedies but didn't. When I called back to get the quote, they said it wasn't denied, but the quote was for >$4500 annually. That is easily double what my previous worst quote was and almost 3 times higher than 1. So much for saving 20% through AARP/Hartford. This was my 1st use of AARP resources. Not thrilled. I can do better on my own. 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hello James. I am sorry to read about your experience. You can always contact AARP for help if there's an issue with an AARP provider or questions or suggestions for AARP. Please use this link (https://help.aarp.org/s/) to contact us by phone, chat or text.

•            Description of your issue and/or suggestion

•            Mention that you are requesting an escalation

We look forward to hearing from you!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi there, here to help! We certainly understand your concern regarding chat session with The Hartford. We would be glad to work with the Escalation team at Hartford to have this investigated for you. If you are still having difficulties with Hartford, please either give us a call at 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277) to request an Escalation or send me a private message in the AARP Online Community by clicking this link and entering my username, “AARPMariamaA” into the “Send to” box https://community.aarp.org/t5/notes/composepage . Please provide the following details in your message:

• Full name
  • AARP Membership # (or home address)
  • Phone # and email address to contact you
  • Description of your issue

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Regular Contributor

Why hasn't the escalation team worked on my complaint regarding Avis/Budget Group?

It is very self-serving to come here and pretend to protect members' interests, however, in my actual experience, you do nothing but put on a show.  I'm happy to share my correspondence in this forum.

Tony, I saw one of your posts while looking for a reason why AARP charges extra for a "member benefit" and would very much like to follow to its conclusion. I went to the "About tony1963tony" page and clicked on "Send Private Message", but as you've stated at least twice, the private message system DOES NOT WORK. I even added you as a friend (seemed to work), but made no difference in private messaging. Maybe you need a "premium" membership to use that function? Meanwhile, I see no way to follow your story other than to hope you keep posting. You have a very legitimate complaint, please don't let the b******s wear you down.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP