Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

AARP/Hartford Auto Policy CANCELED without notice

AARP/Hartford Auto Policy CANCELED without notice

While obtaining my Quote for Auto Insurance from Hartford I was given the option to save money by enrolling in TrueLane, an App that monitors and scores your driving performance for safety. You obtain the discount immediately and it is adjusted later for unsafe driving scores if necessary. To register on the App you must wait for Hartford to issue you a code or something like that. I contacted their service twice asking for the information and never received what I needed to register on the TrueLane App. About one month later I got a bill for $65 which is the same as the proposed discount I would've received. The bill did have a note that I would be canceled if unpaid. I tried once more to get them to help me register but no response. After I returned home after a 2-week trip I opened a letter from Hartford. This letter was written in all CAPS sounding curt and angry informing me my Auto policy has been CANCELED and was effective 8 days ago. So, I was driving my car Uninsured for six days. This is because I had not paid the $65 yet. There you have it my friends. This is the lessons learned about Hartford Auto. 1)The TrueLane discount savings App is difficult to setup and not well supported. 2)Hartford Auto is intolerant of any past due account, regardless of the circumstances. 3)Hartford Auto cannot be trusted to take care of their customers' needs and puts them at risk with their abrupt actions. 4)Hartford Auto is rude, inadequate and unprofessional in their communication with customers. 5)Hartford Auto will CANCEL policies without warning. These are Facts, therefore I cannot in good conscience recommend the AARP/Hartford Auto Insurance benefit promoted on this website by AARP. This brings me to another unfortunate conclusion. Services advertised by AARP are not always vetted on behalf of the retired community and their specific needs that this organization represents.

Periodic Contributor

😁

0 Kudos
Contributor

Same here!  I just signed up yesterday 12/21/2023. In a way I'm happy about not using the app, but not happy about my premium maybe going up  =(

0 Kudos

When?  I just signed up today, 6/21/23. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP