Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

Should I play Forty Thieves Solitaire hard or easy version? Any tips to help me improve?

I am not doing very well playing Forty Thieves Solitaire. Do you recommend playing the hard or the easy version of the game? Do you have any other tips that might help me improve? 

Kudos
Views
Replies
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Retired Community Manager

I play the hard game of Forty Thieves Solitaire exclusively now.  I started with the easy, finally won a game, then moved to the hard level.  At first, I thought it was impossible to win, so keep at it! Here are a few suggestions to try:

• To win the game, you want to avoid making "every possible move." Though there will be available moves on the board, you want the cards you deal to dictate the moves. That may not make sense now, but it will the more you play

• There are boards I start with that will cause me to immediately start a new game. For example: "several" aces at the top of the board (especially when you get 2 aces of the same suit at the top), lots of high cards at the bottom, etc.  Again, once you play some more, you will develop a strategy.

• Most hard level games you win will have several dealt cards in the pile and clear with big runs. Don't get discouraged when you deal several cards you can’t play. Work towards clearing a row to allow opportunities to create runs.

View solution in original post

Retired Community Manager

I play the hard game of Forty Thieves Solitaire exclusively now.  I started with the easy, finally won a game, then moved to the hard level.  At first, I thought it was impossible to win, so keep at it! Here are a few suggestions to try:

• To win the game, you want to avoid making "every possible move." Though there will be available moves on the board, you want the cards you deal to dictate the moves. That may not make sense now, but it will the more you play

• There are boards I start with that will cause me to immediately start a new game. For example: "several" aces at the top of the board (especially when you get 2 aces of the same suit at the top), lots of high cards at the bottom, etc.  Again, once you play some more, you will develop a strategy.

• Most hard level games you win will have several dealt cards in the pile and clear with big runs. Don't get discouraged when you deal several cards you can’t play. Work towards clearing a row to allow opportunities to create runs.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP