Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

What other transportation options are available?

Medicare doesn’t cover transportation unless it’s a medical emergency, apparently. I can’t afford to pay for a taxi or van to take my mother around. What other options are there?

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AARP Expert

Some communities will allow seniors to hop on a ride that is taking other seniors to doctor appointments or errands. The best way to learn what services are possible is through the area agency on aging, located by entering a zip code into www.eldercare.gov.

Jane

If this response answered your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution. This helps those who might have a similar question find the answer faster.

For more information, see How do I use the Accepted Solutions feature.

View solution in original post

AARP Expert

Some communities will allow seniors to hop on a ride that is taking other seniors to doctor appointments or errands. The best way to learn what services are possible is through the area agency on aging, located by entering a zip code into www.eldercare.gov.

Jane

If this response answered your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution. This helps those who might have a similar question find the answer faster.

For more information, see How do I use the Accepted Solutions feature.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP