Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

Any ideas on how calm agitated mother?

My mother gets super agitated and fidgets with everything she can find. Any ideas that might calm her?

Kudos
Views
Replies
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AARP Expert

There are pillows you can buy on Amazon that are covered with a sequined velvety material and stroking those pillows are very soothing for some agitated people.

Jane

If this response answered your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution. This helps those who might have a similar question find the answer faster.

For more information, see How do I use the Accepted Solutions feature.

View solution in original post

AARP Expert

@sandy Be sure to check out the Sundowners Syndrome tips I've been posting! Many of those techniques will help any time of day!  

Take care,

Amy Goyer, AARP Family & Caregiving Expert

Author, Juggling Life, Work and Caregiving

Bronze Conversationalist

@sandy   I don't know what in particular agitates your Mom so much as you didn't mention it. However in general?  Steer her attentions away by changing the subject to something positive that your Mom enjoys talking about or is pleasantly interested in.  

Or you could even get her mind and fidgeting hands busy with a jigsaw puzzle that the two of you could put together.  

AARP Expert

There are pillows you can buy on Amazon that are covered with a sequined velvety material and stroking those pillows are very soothing for some agitated people.

Jane

If this response answered your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution. This helps those who might have a similar question find the answer faster.

For more information, see How do I use the Accepted Solutions feature.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP