Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Threaded Mode of Viewing and Reading ????

Honored Social Butterfly

Threaded Mode of Viewing and Reading ????

Since many people don't seem to reference the post they are referring to when commenting, is there a threaded mode like there use to be to figure out who or what post they are posting about or answering?

I cannot seem to find the (my) settings for a threaded mode anymore.  So if there is, how do I set my settings for it.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GailL1   You can change the Settings for this by clicking My Settings in right upper side of community pages.  Once in Settings - go to Preferences - then Linear Settings.  Hopefully, this image helps:

threadedsetting.JPG

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

ATTENTION:  AARP (somebody)

My post question is directed to AARP - most likely the tech people.

@GailL1 wrote:

Since many people don't seem to reference the post they are referring to when commenting, is there a threaded mode like there use to be to figure out who or what post they are posting about or answering?

I cannot seem to find the (my) settings for a threaded mode anymore.  So if there is, how do I set my settings for it.

TIA

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@GailL1 wrote:

Is the threaded mode anything like the use of the quote tab as I used above in an edited form?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@nctarheel wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

Is the threaded mode anything like the use of the quote tab as I used above in an edited form?

See next post

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@GailL1 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

NO - it is just a mode of viewing a conversation but it shows which post are responding to which post.  Some email programs do it or you can turn it on/off.  Many discussion boards use it.

An example:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Nntp.jpg#/media/File:Nntp.jpg

undefined
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP