Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Notifications Are Designated As 'Spam' Or 'Junk"

Honored Social Butterfly

Notifications Are Designated As 'Spam' Or 'Junk"

Notifications from the Community are going to Spam or Junk folders.  Apparently, it doesn't care what email account or email client or whether it is a bona fide contact in one's address book or marked as 'not junk'. 

Problem seems to be only with mail from the AARP Community, not AARP.

Thanks for any insight.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

Received my first bad certificate warning for AARP this AM before my first cup of coffee.After clicking on email to browser , showed same message on Safari, Chrome and Mozilla.

Didn’t copy the message, before coffee merely switched to a different server, and rebooted previous network.

ax TLS project dodgy comes to mind. And a certificate is dodgy comment.

Before coffee I’m less than coherent on thought pattern.

Second click on new server worked, accepted link worked.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

All systems go. *knocking on wood*  At least in the Thunderbird client on PC.  Removed filter just to confirm and yup, notifications dutifully showing up in Inbox.  iOS and Android are also cooperating.

👍

Social Butterfly

@MsStretch What mail service do you use? Do you move them as not spam?  

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@cat0w wrote:

@MsStretch What mail service do you use? Do you move them as not spam?  

For AARP, I use live.com (one of the msn spawns) with the Thunderbird client, but, in other forums, users mentioned using Yahoo, Gmail and other e-m accounts with the same results, so it appears the account or client or browser or device is not the issue.  Yes, the AARP address is entrenched in my safe contacts/address book and yes, I consistently mark/move as 'Not junk'.  I have checked and double-checked the Junk Mail controls -- all is copacetic and yet the issue remains.

This phenomenon started happening (sporadically at first) about the time the Community underwent its latest renovation.

Just wondering if setting a message filter would help.  May or may not try it, but still doesn't change the fact something seems 'broke' here.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

My email is with aol.com for AARP so I just checked my mail and saw my weekly digest was shown as spam. I created a filter, I'll see if it goes to the folder I chose the next time I receive it. See example image below. Click on, tap or activate image to enlarge it. AARPActivateEnlarge.jpg

AARPMessages2020.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

@cat0w 

I seem to be in the same boat, only with community messages.

Think it all began after certificates began expiring??

AARP community notifications only go to spam. Regular AARP communication do go to my regular inbox.

Tried filtering worked for 1-2 weeks, back to spam.I’m at a loss to explain this hiccup.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Frozenoem @MsStretch  @cat0w   We haven't forgotten this one!  We are still working on the fix - sorry for the delay!

AARPTeri
Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri   Thank you, I have been continuing to check it.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@cat0w , I also set up a message filter in T'bird and designated a separate folder for notifications. We shall see what happens. 🤞

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Just an update on my message filter experiment.  Using the Thunderbird client, I set a filter for AARP Community mail to be routed to a separate folder.  I tried to set the filter to 'intercept' mail before being designated Junk, but that didn't work unless I manually filtered the Junk Mail folder which didn't save me any steps since I had to go to Junk folder anyway.  Then, I set it to intercept and filter after going to Junk, and that worked better, but only if I clicked on the folder, then the notifications would hightail it to their new home. 

Bottom line:  For some reason, AARP notifications are still triggering some junk-y alert that makes it hard to get around and it is still labeled as spam.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP