Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

KUDOING EVERY POST BY EVERYONE

I noticed recently that I had at least one kudo on every comment that I had posted to these discussion boards regardless of the thread in which it was posted.

Then I discovered that each of these kudos came from exactly the same person.

Looking further in each of the threads in which I participated, I noticed the same person kudoed every person's comments in each of those threads.

I guess I am asking a Moderator here. Are there limits to kudos given or could I technically give one to every poster in every thread on every discussion board?

Kudos
Views
Replies
Regular Social Butterfly

@nctarheel exactly one of the reasons I requested AARP enable the ignore option. I checked some of these profiles and there are thousands more posts/kudos than you or I or others who've been here for almost decades... just wondering perhaps content is more important that count?

#StaySafe my friend

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Trusted Social Butterfly

Yes @nctarheel , @WebWiseWoman 's astute observation really gets to the core question of the direction human culture in general is headed.  Quantity or Quality.  Of course some folks may only have thousands of posts because of their regular participation in long running topics.  There are some posters who seem to be bloggers trying to drum up followers.  There are others who post much less frequently, but whose posts seem to be trollish in nature like they're just trying to start an argument for entertainment's sake.

...and some of those who's Post Count is low had thousands of posts wiped out when the Politics and Society forum was shut down for lack of civility.

While an Ignore option seems appealing at first glance, in the long run it would probably just serve to exasperate growing polarization.

Anonymous
Not applicable

(5 comments) UPDATE: @EricC28201  I just saw the "kudo" you gave me, thanks💃🥳 Gave you them too! 😉

➡️@EricC28201 , glad you stopped by. Yes, I am the blogger. Yes, a certain individual does like to troll. The folks in the Rock n' Roll Forum, of which you are one will have thousands of posts. Seems so sad such a big deal is being made over "kudos" - more important things going on in life.... Nicole 🙄⬅️

Trusted Social Butterfly

...Oddly enough...never thought of you as a blogger Nicole...Is this a new endeavor for you?😘

Anonymous
Not applicable

(3 comments) Lol @EricC28201 , nope, thought I was the blogger in your post. 😂🤣 Nicole

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Lol @Anonymous , ya know...the other thing WWWoman overlooked is that Comments posted under News Stories on AARP don't get counted as Posts either...(Shhhhhh - ya might interrupt their Pinky-to-The Mouth, Dr. Evil maniacal chuckle). 😎

Check those out some time...they can get as snarky and useless (like somebody trying to start an argument instead of a conversation just to entertain themself) as the old political forum used to.

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) @EricC28201 , I predict this community will be going the same route as the Political Forum soon = bye bye. NEW Members do not stay. Lol, left a few times myself. Every day there is less activity apart from complaints 🙄 I gave you another "kudo" 😉 Nicole

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Political forum did not last?   Well, I would think that would create much drama that it would had to be shut down actually.

I'm just bored between projects at work so I stop in to see how the rest of the world thinks.  

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@nctarheel wrote:

I guess I am asking a Moderator here. Are there limits to kudos given or could I technically give one to every poster in every thread on every discussion board?

@Underbat  Can you please clear the air on kudos? Thanks much! 😉

Honored Social Butterfly

You are correct! There are some people that absolutely do not deserve any kudos, including myself. Please, for the love of GOD, do not give me any kudos!

Bronze Conversationalist

Awwww, come on now, everyone deserves a Trophy!  I have to make up for all that I missed out on as a child! 🙂

Honored Social Butterfly

I got a 'Bowler of the Year' trophy once, as a child. 😉

Bronze Conversationalist

I only got a couple participation ribbons for Pinewood Derby, in my years in little league I always ended up on one of those teams that halfway through the season you wondered if you were even going to win one game.   

Honored Social Butterfly

Congratulations! I get the team thing. Ugh. I forgot, too, that I have received several 'Fun Run' certificates. I was just a child when I received them. Wow, this is bringing back some childhood memories for me. Very therapeutic. Today, my fun run consists of going to the convenience store. 😉

Bronze Conversationalist

I got a free Big Boy Burger certificate for picking up trash when I was 9.... that count for anything?

Honored Social Butterfly

Shooooooo does! Hey! I'll even give you a kudo for picking up trash, how about them 🍎s! 

Bronze Conversationalist

We all have a different take on this, when cleaning my parents attic, my brother had a whole big box of trophy's that he immediately dumped in the trash (he was always on a winning team), at that time I realized I was kind of glad I didn't win a bunch of meaningless tacky looking trophies... who needs that baggage, & I'm kind of a sentimental pack rat. 😉   

Honored Social Butterfly

Darn! You were my 500th post, so I got this for you. You can just throw it away. It's okay. 

Thanks for being my 500th post person.Thanks for being my 500th post person.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist

Well Kudos on that!

Super Contributor

Kudos for the... 

burgers.jpg

Bronze Conversationalist

As Charlie Brown would say... "I got a rock".  

If I remember, this was a ploy to get the parents into the restaurant, I remember my parents just ordering coffee & mocking that the "free" burger was about half the size of what it should had been.... I miss my best friends.

Honored Social Butterfly

lolz.gif

Super Contributor

Must…kudo…can’t…resist… the…impulse…

Honored Social Butterfly

Nooooooo, I don't deserve it! 😉 (thanks. I also caved. lol) x

Super Contributor

Kudos for modesty, @KellytheBelly 😉

Silver Conversationalist

Hi @nctarheel

You bring up an interesting point....& there must be others who feel as you do.

I know of someone--who has been a great friend--& who does that...but in their defense....IMHO, I believe that they are doing that from good intentions...& as in....a, say... “spread the love”...way.

That said, I don’t think they realize that maybe some peeps here feel the ‘kudos’ should be ‘reserved’ for ‘special’ posts...rather than, as you put it...on every post they come across.

Thanks for the topic!

Take care ☮️ ~Allen 🌈 PEACE!

Regular Social Butterfly

I'm "baby boomer" so don't believe anything other than pat on the back was necessary.

I'm also "flower child" who protested Vietnam war, so don't believe we are the be all, end all for world peace.

What we think of "likes" and/or "reply" is that is what the person was asking for; like clickbait?

IMHO if there is a post someone GENUINELY favors, promote; but please ensure that is true favorable; not just for count?

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Super Contributor

This is a great conversation and since Kudo's are subjective and without limit, I also kudo'd all the posts. Even the grumpy one. 🙂

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP