Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Super Contributor

Verizon flip phone users

For those of you with a 3G (or less) flip phone that have purchased a 4G flip phone, with Verizon forcing the upgrade to 4G, what are your thoughts on the 4G flip phones? I'm trying to decide which model is the best fit for me.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Any suggestions? 🙂

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Anyone have experience with Alcatel Go Flip, Orbic Journey, or Kazuna etalk?
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

So 3 years ago, but I'm disappointed in my new  Alcatel Go Flip 2, the navigation is horrible, I end up calling junk caller #'s I'm trying to block.  Its a flip phone attempting to be a smart phone as well. 

I only want to make & receive calls, I have data & text blocked from my carrier. 

Periodic Contributor

My age-85 partner recently dropped his Samsung Jitterbug and had to replace it with the current Alcatel model.  He keeps wondering "how could a good product be screwed up so badly."  He has arthritis in his hands.  The Samsung model had about 10 pre-programmed messages, such as On my way, Will arrive soon, and of course, Thank you, etc. Not having to spell these on the time-consuming touch pad made a big difference.  Alcatel eliminated this feature.  In addition, the text notification feature isn't as good as with the previous phone.  He used to respond quickly to texts; now, he doesn't discover them unless he looks for them.  It is also too easy to block calls, so sometimes my calls are going straight to vm, and he doesn't know it until he happens to look at my text!  This is not good when trying to stay in touch with someone who is 85!  Unfortunately, although most flip phone users are seniors, this phone wasn't designed for them.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

Achieve a top score in our Tournament Tuesday Word Games in May and you could win $100 every 30 days!

Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP