Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Consumer Cellular Not What It Once Was

Contributor

Consumer Cellular Not What It Once Was

In response to marketing from the AARP I switched over to Consumer Cellular years ago. After dealing with disasters like AT&T, Sprint, etc. CC was wonderful. Unfortunately, that changed when scum-bag venture capitalists recently bought the company.

All one really needs to know is that the new owners paid 2.3 BILLION dollars for CC. They now want their money back, and a lot more. In the past few months they have totally revamped their web-site with every intent of making customer service more difficult and complicated.

Originally, I would call customer service and often have a real live human being answer the phone on the third ring. Now, the wait is more than 30 minutes—based upon what their own call-management system states. They are also raising rates, limiting services, and making cancellations much more difficult.

CC has  become just another AT&T or Verizon. 

AARP re-think your endorsement.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Totally agree with you 

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

This is exactly what I thought would happen. I stayed with Fi (though tempted many times to go with CC just because)... thanks so much for your update!

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP