Find answers to your Social Security questions in the AARP Social Security resource center.

Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP Rewards - Beta

Message 11 of 33

@gm5271 

I am only seeing the banner ads on AARP pages, rather than the AARP Rewards pages themselves.  Sorry, I am on a laptop and the ads are on the quiz pages (top and side of page) and the videos have embedded ads (at the start).  So, if you want to earn, you will likely end up on a page with an ad.

But, again, your phone interface is just awful Smiley Sad

Edit: the online community page has a banner ad at the top of the page and one on the right side of the page also.

AndrewToo
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 33

@andrewtoo 

Indeed

I'm blessed have a big phone Note 8 couldn't imagine if had flip phone like my brother & others with smaller screens 

Was gonna write some thoughts then decided go check out few things b4 finished this post. 

Well now understand what you said....I just went check out Community site & Rewards site on Fire Tablet shows no ads so its only a mobile phone issue??

Also checked Chrome on phone it also shows ads but not on tablet so you using a PC only have the banner ads at top Correct? 

Also checked if settings for no popups made difference not on phone still see ads regardless of settings

@chas0501 

Charles were you on a phone when seeing ads? 

Seems to be only happening on mobile phones 

Still not cool but reckon will use tablet if doing quizzes and such not have deal with ads

Thanks Andrew for letting me know 

Enjoy

Ginger  :  )

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 33

Hello Gem @gm5271 

I'm glad you posted the phone pic.  It really displays how the mobile phone experience of AARP Rewards can be nearly impossible because of banner ads.  I know that banner ads should be expected, however, is AARP willing to force (at least some) mobile users to use the interface displayed?   A picture is worth a thousand words; are they that desperate to sell us products/services?  If that problem continues, you might consider creating a topic so other cell phone users may share their experience and remind AARP Rewards of the problem going forward.

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 33

@chas0501 

Yes its a pain in the rump

& the stinky part is most are something to do with AARP that we members are aware like right now its "Hot Deals"

I can't stand it 

Well I used to believe Our Community was sacred ground not anymore with locking & deleting & moving posts and now crazy ads jumping around on post pages Crazy

Ginger 🤯🤔😏🙃

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 33

Oops, I spoke too soon.  Now ads are appearing in the body of the text and yes, they are annoying.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 33

I have an ad at the top of the page but it isn't scrolling. In fact, I never noticed it before.  It just sits there.  It is weird how everyone is having different experiences with the new program.  I'm having trouble logging in every day.  I try 10 or 15 times before something miraculously works.  I try from different URLs but nothing helps.  I got in today by going through one of the kudos emails and then logging in from there. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 33

@gm5271 

Hello Ginger,

I just started seeing them this morningSmiley Surprised Between this advertisment and the one's you can't skip on the videos any longer, it's horrible.  AARP is going to sale us to death while trying to earn points, guess if you want the points you've got to endure the sales ads nowSmiley Sad

No Daily/Wkly Instant Wins now, just buy somethingSmiley FrustratedWe want your MONEYSmiley LOL

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 33

Hello @chas0501 

Charlie, thanks so much.  You are right, we are all in the same sinking boat togetherSmiley LOL

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 33

Hi Ginger!  Yes, trying right now to type this reply and an ad keeps scrolling up and half blocking my text.  I have to scroll up and down just to proofread and make sure I don't type just how much this p****s me off!

Enjoy your day!

Charlie

choochoochas
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 33

@andrewtoo @mi4090  @chas0501 

Hey Andrew Charles & Marylin 

Love all of your replies 

Charles definitely feels like Crash Dummies 🤯 its always great when in face of what seems crazy & going through Twilight Zone to be able find something to laugh about

I've got a question I'm most always accessing things on my phone

Are you all experiencing the crazy new ads (see pic below) scrolling across our community pages its quiet aggravating to say the least 

Just curious if me only seeing these things as I've never noticed before so thinking a new thing they've added for income??? Really wild was covering half my screen when adding pic Strange indeed🤔🤯

Have a beautiful Sunday 

Ginger  :  ) 

Screenshot_20191013-071126_Samsung Internet.jpgAd zipping along on my pages

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Share your tips on meditation and coping with stress during the holidays. We will randomly give away a few copies of the book Meditation for Caregivers to those engaging.

Top Authors