Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect.  But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day. 

We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200.  Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!

Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points! 

Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps?  If not be sure to visit and enter here:  https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/

* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules  including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.

AARPTeri
Trusted Contributor

Now that's a great idea.

0 Kudos
Contributor

If I had $200 and a day off I would treat the employees at the Safe Harbor Family Crisis Center and the Purple Hanger Resale Shop to nutritious lunches from a local restaurant that has done its very best to serve our community during the Pandemic.  Hopefully it would be warm enough that we could all sit outside and share stories of hope during these challenging times.

0 Kudos
Contributor

What would I do with a day off and $200 dollars???

Wow! Freedom, time-out from doing any type of work not even turning on my computer, and putting my phone on mute.

This is my day, and first I would sleep in and when I finally did get out of bed, would spend the rest of the day just de-stressing, relaxing my body and mind. Enjoying the moments of just being who I am and not having to think or worry about anything. So placing myself completely in a mental state of relaxation and joy, too restore and renew my soul’s energy, in moving forward. The $200. dollars I’ll find a good cause to spend it on.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Best idea I've heard yet.

0 Kudos
Contributor

If I had $200 and a day off, I would go with my wife to the Disney World Epcot Center, and see all of the European country entertainment shows.  It would give us a sense of traveling to Europe, even though we can't travel there right now due to the pandemic.    

0 Kudos

I would pamper myself by getting a much-needed massage and then get my hair done.  I would also treat our 14-year-old twin daughters to a girls' day out.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I live in the best city in the world, Los Angeles. If I had the day off and $200, I would grab my girl and take her to our favorite coffee house, then head to the mountains for some hiking. Then a light lunch. Afterwards I would drive to the beach for a swim with her. And in the evening, dinner and watch the sun set. There is something great about sharing 

0 Kudos

Spend the entire day with my  granddaughters lunch builder bear and pedicure for myself 

Thanking AARP in advance 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would drive to Montauk and have a leisurely lunch with my husband.

Contributor

shopping spree

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would take time to relax and buy some new clothes I have not been able to do because of COVID,

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Some great thoughts. I love it. Some new clothes would be great.

0 Kudos
Contributor

A day at Top Golf (with lots of sunshine). Living it up with my three teen/tween grandsons to burn off some steam!!!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I’d get a massage and facial!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would finally take a trip to see my daughter in LA- haven't seen her in 15 months because of the pandemic!!!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

If I had a day off and $200 I would spend the day with my best friend. We'd spend the day shopping, catching up, and then have dinner and drinks at one of our favorite restaurants. A day like that is what we normally do when we can get together but if I won $200 right now after 2020 and Covid-19 I might opt for me and her going to a spa and getting totally pampered and then dinner and drinks at one of our favorite restaurants.  It's a tough decision because I rarely get to do anything for myself or pamper and just overall take care of me. The day would definitely be spent with my best friend regardless of which option we decide to take because it would just be nice to be away from home and the responsibility of being a caregiver and take care of me and my mental and physical health. 

0 Kudos

I would grab my girlfriends and spend the day visiting nearby places in South Carolina where I live. 

0 Kudos
Info Seeker +

I have a Birthday  coming up  in April.  I neaver do  anything  special  for myself. but this year I plan to change that old habit.  My granddaughter  live in another  state she is having  her  first child. Her baby  shower  is a few days after my birthday.  I plan to attend the Shower.  This will be a Birthday  getaway  for me and a surprise  for my granddaughter. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would buy some great classic books and sit out in the Sun and catch up on my reading !!

0 Kudos

I would go fishing with my husband and children on a beautiful lake. 

0 Kudos

I would go to New Orleans for the day and have a nice lunch.

0 Kudos

I would first get a full massage for my muscles that ache from MS.  Then I'd surge on some good watercolor supplies & maybe even a w/c class.  

0 Kudos

I would donate portion to my church, get some garden/veggie items, buy some lottery tix and treat my family to a take-out dinner from a local restaurant.

0 Kudos

I would get a much needed massage. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to put a little bit in my savings account, donate a little to a charity, and spend some towards my hobby. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Bank Account sounds GREAT. So would I.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would take my teenage sons for lunch & a hike in the Colorado Mountains.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Great idea, the people who have won I wish you all the luck there is. There are quite a few things I would love to do but you can't do them all. I pray that every one of you wins great prizes.

0 Kudos

A day off and $200 would be enough to allow a day and night with my wife of 28 years at a hotel that has a pool, spa, and dining leaving the phone, computer, dishes and all else behind. 

0 Kudos

I would take a day for myself at the beach and then treat my parents to dinner.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP