- AARP Online Community
- AARP Rewards
- Earn Activities
- AARP Rewards Connect
- AARP Rewards Tips
- Ask for a Rewards Tip
- Leave a Rewards Tip
- Grief & Loss
- Share and Find Caregiving Tips - AARP Online Community
- Ask for a Caregiving Tip
- Leave a Caregiving Tip
- Entertainment Forums
- Rock N' Roll
- Let's Play Bingo!
- Leisure & Lifestyle
- Entertainment Archive
- Atari Talk
- Games Talk
- Games Tips
- Leave a Game Tip
- Ask for a Game Tip
- Health Forums
- Brain Health
- Conditions & Treatments
- Healthy Living
- Medicare & Insurance
- Health Tips
- Ask for a Health Tip
- Leave a Health Tip
- Home & Family Forums
- Friends & Family
- Introduce Yourself
- Late Life Divorce
- Our Front Porch
- Home & Family Archive
- Money Forums
- Budget & Savings
- Scams & Fraud
- Retirement Forum
- Social Security
- Retirement Archive
- Technology Forums
- Computer Questions & Tips
- About Our Community
- Travel Forums
- Work & Jobs
- Work & Jobs
- AARP Help
- Benefits & Discounts
- General Help
What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!
The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect. But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day.
We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200. Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!
Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points!
Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps? If not be sure to visit and enter here: https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/
* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.
- AARP Rewards
- blooms and wildlife. We would stop by a locally owned restaurant for lunch. We would top off the evening by dressing up for a special dinner to celebrate being together again.
- Day off
- enabling me grow them in ground and not only in deck containers.
- Finish crochet projects I started before Christmas.
- get a good steak supper and stay overnight in a nice motel before going home the next day! Thank you!
- I would buy an outside lounge chair and make a drink and sit outside and read.
- I would buy herbs for a beautiful herb garden I saw in a photo.
- I WOULD GIVE IT TO MY GRANDSON TO HELP HIM MOVE TO TENNESSEE TO PHARMACY SCHOOL. HE COMES FROM SINGLE PARENT FAMILY AND STUGGLES TO ACHIEVE HIS GOAL OF BEING A PHARMHIST TO HELP HIS MOM HAVE BETTER LIFE
- I would pamper myself. So mnay years I've gone with no self care.
- I would regrass my lawn. My husband always kept it up and I lost him a year ago. I would love it to look good again...
- I would replace those backyard fencing panels brought down by Hurricane Irma. It would prevent wildlife eating my plant and vegetables
- I would take my daughters out to lunch ‘ shopping as a thank you for caring for me as I recover from cancer.
- If I win this gift I would take my friend to Mammoth Cave to hike and walk
- I’d be able to afford a 2 hour message for my Fibromyalgia! The rest of my week would be great after that!!
- maybe get a massage!Have a nie leisurely lunch
- my husband and I would take a road trip to visit our daughter
- Sleep in
- son-in-law and granddaughter. We would spend the late morning at an arboretum
- Take a day trip to be in nature with picnic and just enjoy the scenery.
- to see the new buds
- Visit some local wineries with my Family
- With Spring approaching
Beautiful idea, I would take a day for myself and go to the beach and enjoy the day. I would love to take a ride out and just enjoy myself. The panic has caused us to stay home and not enjoy ourselves. It would be wonderful if we all could do that. Just enjoy the beautiful days ahead.
Creating pottery pieces has been my solice during Covid....I pay an hourly rate at the studio, and I only go 2 hours a week to budget my time. With this money I would not worry about my time and spend hours making pieces...a day of pottery and of course stop and have a nice lunch.
It would be wonderful and so refreshing to have a nice day out with my husband and actually go to a restaurant that we haven't done in such a long, long time. Then I'd enjoy taking my grandchildren to the park and just enjoy being outside having fun with watching their excitement to be outside for the day. After a full day, then it would be Calgon taking me away in a nice hot, luxurious bath to end the day.
I would take my 5 year old granddaughter to Walmart (she loves Walmart) and let her pick out some board games and new books. I would then prepare to spend the rest of the day with her on a picnic. She would be so happy to have a picnic with me. We would have a great time playing games, reading her new books, making up silly songs, eating sandwiches (that she would have helped make), laughing, dancing and taking plenty of silly faced pictures for her keepsake. She is the light of my life. She has such a pleasant personality and loves to spend time with her grandma. That is what I would do with a well deserved day off from my job as a home daycare provider. Spending quality time with just me and my grandbaby is priceless and making memories is always a super duper way to show my little sweetheart that I love her forever.
A day off and $200 would allow me to treat my daughter, granddaughter and myself to mani-pedis. We haven't done that since the summer of 2019. I miss our girl's day. This would be very timely as my daughter has just been diagnosed with Lupus. We need the together time!
I was working at a local bread company as a Sales Representative when I injured my knee making a delivery. My job was fast paced and with long hours. It happened in Feb. of 2020 just before Covid became an issue. I am still on work comp. I'm 62 soon to be 63. Due to my injury and Covid have been struggling with weight gain and health issues. Thankfully I signed on with Kaiser and they have a gym program that refunds your admissions fee after so many visits. The fee happens to be $200. The gym treadmill will allow me to slowly build up muscles around my knee and increase my cardio. This is what I would use with the $200 prize money your offering. After the gym rebate I would use it for food and medical expenses. Both of which have gone up quite a bit since Covid, especially healthy dietary food.
I would have a spa day!! I would go to Starbuck's for my favorite coffee and take it with me when I get a massage, pedicure, manicure and shampoo, cut and style. Then if money left over go to Applebees for a refreshing Strawberry Marguerita & chips n salsa and my honey would have a tall glass of beer and we would share a meal together! Then a movie!!
I would wake up knowing I could just lay in my bed 30 more minutes and meditate on my life. Then, I’ll get up and have a nice cup of coffee while watching a little tv and looking out my window. At lunch time, I’ll dress up and got out for a very nice lunch. I’ll sit and enjoy ppl watching. Later, I think I’d give God more thanks and take a short nap. For dinner, I’ll have a nice sales and bake chicken. Then I’ll watch a little tv, give thanks again and have a good nights rest. Thank you