Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect.  But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day. 

We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200.  Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!

Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points! 

Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps?  If not be sure to visit and enter here:  https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/

* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules  including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.

AARPTeri
Trusted Contributor

Beautiful idea, I would take a day for myself and go to the beach and enjoy the day. I would love to take a ride out and just enjoy myself. The panic has caused us to stay home and not enjoy ourselves. It would be wonderful if we all could do that. Just enjoy the beautiful days ahead.

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

Pay bills - this stupid COVID-19 

Can’t wait until it’s over

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would take the day and have breakfast with my Dad. He has struggled since losing Mom last August. Then I would have some time outside in the sunshine (ideally on the beach!) and then maybe a message to loosen up these tense muscles.

0 Kudos

I would paint my FB garden table find a beautiful color that matches the sky..

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Take my true love (for 51 years) dining and dancing.

Contributor

That's beautiful ❤⚘

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Great idea

0 Kudos

Creating pottery pieces has been my solice during Covid....I pay an hourly rate at the studio, and I only go 2 hours a week to budget my time.  With this money I would not worry about my time and spend hours making pieces...a day of pottery and of course stop and have a nice lunch.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would give the money to my son who just had accident and became paralyzed from the waist down.  We had to redo his house which was a old farm house so he could come home to his family.  It's been very hard on everyone. 

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

It would be wonderful and so refreshing to have a nice day out with my husband and actually go to a restaurant that we haven't done in such a long, long time. Then I'd enjoy taking my grandchildren to the park and just enjoy being outside having fun with watching their excitement to be outside for the day. After a full day, then it would be Calgon taking me away in a nice hot, luxurious bath to end the day.

0 Kudos

I would take my 5 year old granddaughter to Walmart (she loves Walmart) and let her pick out some board games and new books. I would then prepare to spend the rest of the day with her on a picnic. She would be so happy to have a picnic with me. We would have a great time playing games, reading her new books, making up silly songs, eating sandwiches (that she would have helped make), laughing, dancing and taking plenty of silly faced pictures for her keepsake. She is the light of my life. She has such a pleasant personality and loves to spend time with her grandma. That is what I would do with a well deserved day off from my job as a home daycare provider. Spending quality time with just me and my grandbaby is priceless and making memories is always a super duper way to show my little sweetheart that I love her forever.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would spend it on my Daughter and Grandson on a day out on the town.

0 Kudos
Contributor

A day off and $200 would allow me to treat my daughter, granddaughter and myself to mani-pedis. We haven't done that since the summer of 2019. I miss our girl's day. This would be very timely as my daughter has just been diagnosed with Lupus. We need the together time!

C Q
0 Kudos
Contributor

I would purchase items to make my vegetable garden. It would be such a wonderful day.

Info Seeker +

I would think about who I could share the wealth with someone less fortunate than myself enjoying an activity or nature just relaxing having fun

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would go on a day trip to Savannah, Ga. w/my daughter, my girlfriend and her son. So we could enjoy the beach and other fun activities.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Super great idea, I would spend time with my son and his wife at the beach and ride the boat and enjoy, fix food for the family and enjoy my family. I have always wanted to do that for them. Spend a week-inn with them would be great.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would take my mother out to lunch at the Ocean House in Watch Hill RI

0 Kudos
Contributor

I was working at a local bread company as a Sales Representative when I injured my knee making a delivery. My job was fast paced and with long hours. It happened in Feb. of 2020 just before Covid became an issue. I am still on work comp.  I'm 62 soon to be 63. Due to my injury and Covid have been struggling with weight gain and health issues. Thankfully I signed on with Kaiser and they have a gym program that refunds your admissions fee after so many visits. The fee happens to be $200. The gym treadmill will allow me to slowly build up muscles around my knee and increase my cardio. This is what I would use with the $200 prize money your offering. After the gym rebate I would use it for food and medical expenses. Both of which have gone up quite a bit since Covid, especially healthy dietary food.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I would have a my day, by getting my nails done and get a massage, if anything is left lunch at a restaurant on senior specials day. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would have a spa day!! I would go to Starbuck's for my favorite coffee and take it with me when I get a massage, pedicure, manicure and shampoo, cut and style. Then if money left over go to Applebees for a refreshing Strawberry Marguerita & chips n salsa and my honey would have a tall glass of beer and we would share a meal together! Then a movie!!

0 Kudos

I have not had a pedicure in a year or a manicure; I would definitely get one and then I would buy several candles and get a massage.

0 Kudos

Go on a camping and fishing trip

0 Kudos

I would wake up knowing I could just lay in my bed 30 more minutes and meditate on my life. Then, I’ll get up and have a nice cup of coffee while watching a little tv and looking out my window. At lunch time, I’ll dress up and got out for a very nice lunch. I’ll sit and enjoy ppl watching. Later, I think I’d give God more thanks and take a short nap. For dinner, I’ll have a nice sales and bake chicken. Then I’ll watch a little tv, give thanks again and have a good nights rest. Thank you

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I would head to a garden center and load up on plants and mulch.  Then I would spend the day working on my yard.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Save it a "fun money" for an upcoming girls weekend trip.

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

Take my girlfriends out for lunch! 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Spa day for spouse and I

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would help pay for my grandson geometry tutoring and basketball training 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would enjoy a nice massage and a day out of town 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP