Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect.  But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day. 

We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200.  Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!

Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points! 

Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps?  If not be sure to visit and enter here:  https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/

* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules  including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.

AARPTeri
Regular Contributor

I live in the best city in the world, Los Angeles. If I had the day off and $200, I would grab my girl and take her to our favorite coffee house, then head to the mountains for some hiking. Then a light lunch. Afterwards I would drive to the beach for a swim with her. And in the evening, dinner and watch the sun set. There is something great about sharing 

0 Kudos

Spend the entire day with my  granddaughters lunch builder bear and pedicure for myself 

Thanking AARP in advance 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would drive to Montauk and have a leisurely lunch with my husband.

Contributor

shopping spree

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would take time to relax and buy some new clothes I have not been able to do because of COVID,

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Some great thoughts. I love it. Some new clothes would be great.

0 Kudos
Contributor

A day at Top Golf (with lots of sunshine). Living it up with my three teen/tween grandsons to burn off some steam!!!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I’d get a massage and facial!

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

I would finally take a trip to see my daughter in LA- haven't seen her in 15 months because of the pandemic!!!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

If I had a day off and $200 I would spend the day with my best friend. We'd spend the day shopping, catching up, and then have dinner and drinks at one of our favorite restaurants. A day like that is what we normally do when we can get together but if I won $200 right now after 2020 and Covid-19 I might opt for me and her going to a spa and getting totally pampered and then dinner and drinks at one of our favorite restaurants.  It's a tough decision because I rarely get to do anything for myself or pamper and just overall take care of me. The day would definitely be spent with my best friend regardless of which option we decide to take because it would just be nice to be away from home and the responsibility of being a caregiver and take care of me and my mental and physical health. 

0 Kudos

I would grab my girlfriends and spend the day visiting nearby places in South Carolina where I live. 

0 Kudos
Info Seeker +

I have a Birthday  coming up  in April.  I neaver do  anything  special  for myself. but this year I plan to change that old habit.  My granddaughter  live in another  state she is having  her  first child. Her baby  shower  is a few days after my birthday.  I plan to attend the Shower.  This will be a Birthday  getaway  for me and a surprise  for my granddaughter. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would buy some great classic books and sit out in the Sun and catch up on my reading !!

0 Kudos

I would go fishing with my husband and children on a beautiful lake. 

0 Kudos

I would go to New Orleans for the day and have a nice lunch.

0 Kudos

I would first get a full massage for my muscles that ache from MS.  Then I'd surge on some good watercolor supplies & maybe even a w/c class.  

0 Kudos

I would donate portion to my church, get some garden/veggie items, buy some lottery tix and treat my family to a take-out dinner from a local restaurant.

0 Kudos

I would get a much needed massage. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to put a little bit in my savings account, donate a little to a charity, and spend some towards my hobby. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Bank Account sounds GREAT. So would I.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would take my teenage sons for lunch & a hike in the Colorado Mountains.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Great idea, the people who have won I wish you all the luck there is. There are quite a few things I would love to do but you can't do them all. I pray that every one of you wins great prizes.

0 Kudos

A day off and $200 would be enough to allow a day and night with my wife of 28 years at a hotel that has a pool, spa, and dining leaving the phone, computer, dishes and all else behind. 

0 Kudos

I would take a day for myself at the beach and then treat my parents to dinner.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Beautiful idea, I would take a day for myself and go to the beach and enjoy the day. I would love to take a ride out and just enjoy myself. The panic has caused us to stay home and not enjoy ourselves. It would be wonderful if we all could do that. Just enjoy the beautiful days ahead.

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

Pay bills - this stupid COVID-19 

Can’t wait until it’s over

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would take the day and have breakfast with my Dad. He has struggled since losing Mom last August. Then I would have some time outside in the sunshine (ideally on the beach!) and then maybe a message to loosen up these tense muscles.

0 Kudos

I would paint my FB garden table find a beautiful color that matches the sky..

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Take my true love (for 51 years) dining and dancing.

Contributor

That's beautiful ❤⚘

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: Social Security

Discuss your thoughts about the 2022 Social Security cost-of-living adjustment with AARP experts - and ask a question to earn 50 AARP Rewards points. Join the discussion now.

AARP Make Your Move Contest 2021

Enter Today! Ends 10/22/2021. See Official Rules

Test Your Knowledge, Score Big. New Game Each Day!

AARP's new Right Again! Trivia game - part trivia, part puzzle, all fun! Special opportunities for AARP Members and Rewards participants. Play Now.

AARP Right Again! Trivia

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health