Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect.  But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day. 

We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200.  Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!

Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points! 

Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps?  If not be sure to visit and enter here:  https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/

* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules  including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.

AARPTeri

Weekend trip to the Beach with my hubby!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Relaxing sounds of rhythmic waves on the shore, warmth of sun on my skin, what I’d experience with a day off on the beach.

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

My husband was just diagnosed with pancreas ductile cancer. With $200 and a day off, I'd put it toward a train trip. He loves trains and there's one out of Durango, CO he wants to do.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would spend the $200 for a haircut which is badly needed since we have not been able to do this type of activity since the Coronavirus hit. then I would take whichever of my daughters that would be so kind as to take me to this hair appointment to lunch, for a special treat, and then maybe we could do a little shopping if there would be any money left from the $200. That would take up most of the day and I would have a new outlook on life.

0 Kudos

I would have a SPA Day with the works. I would enjoy a nice lunch or Dinner for myself just to breathe and appreciate God’s blessings.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would drive the 2 1/2 hours to see my kids in Chicago and get carry-out food to celebrate this longed-for reunion. 😍  It's been 15 months since I've been able to hug my son.  Have only seen my daughter twice during that time.  Now that I'm fully vaccinated, I will risk driving out of state AFTER self-quaranting for 14 days so that I do not expose them to any virus. I CAN'T WAIT ❣️

Contributor

Buy some new fishing gear and take my grandkids fishing. 

Contributor

I would pay for my state taxes 

Contributor

I would take the day and  travel around to the places we are considering to retire within the next few years.  

Contributor

While I can think of many things if I win, if kayaking doesn't work out,  I would love to go on a site seeing trip to parts of the Oregon Coast with my husband and son.  The Pacific Northwest is absolutely gorgeous.

0 Kudos
Info Seeker +

I'd spend a long overdue day with my amazing husband. Celebrating our 19th wedding anniversary on April 14th.

He's been holding down the fort since I've been in another state caring for my parents. My Mom was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma back in October and spent a month in the hospital, 3 wks. in rehab, and had several other stays hospitalized for COVID, Pneumonia, Stroke and blood clots in the lungs. I've gotten her through the hardest part (Chemo), and her hospital stays. While taking care of my Dad as well. He has a bad back and doesn't get around as well as he used to.

I'll be returning home March 28th and I can hardly wait to see my husband, grandchildren and my dog. It's been a long time coming. So $200 and a day OFF with my husband would be GREAT!

0 Kudos
Info Seeker +

My husband and I have cared for his 91 year old Mother after her fall just before the Covid restrictions, she had 5 broken bones and still needs round the clock care. We would have someone stay with her and take a day just to relax and spend time away with each other. We have been 4 states away from home for a year.

0 Kudos

Go to a day spa for a massage and then have a wonderful lunch or dinner with my husband!  Buy lunch for a stranger.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Redo my patio area and just sit and read my AARP magazine and do word search books just enjoy the sounds of birds. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

If I were to win, I would love to pick a beautiful, sunny day and go kayaking with my husband and enjoy a picnic along the shoreline somewhere.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

Spoiler
I would spend a weekend at Lava Hot Springs.

She is diabetic, and she had recently a brain surgery

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

my goodness i hope your wife is getting along better. If your post is for some contest and if i were in it and won i would donate almost all the winnings to you and you wife for her rehabilitation.  we all have crosses to bear but through prayer jesus and your support she will get better

0 Kudos
Contributor

1. Well, I would take that 200 and find a needy cause, food bank, women's shelter, children's charity and surprise them with the gift of 200. This would put a smile on my face and make my heart sing.
0 Kudos
Contributor

Take a much needed short site seeing trip and enjoy the scenery! Maybe stop and shop and enjoy an ice cream!

0 Kudos

Go get the grandkids and go to some places they never been before around where they live.

0 Kudos
Info Seeker +

I would spend the day alone in nature with my binoculars, chair and a book.  Being outdoors in nature, birds singing, frogs croaking is a totally rejuvenating experience. I am my husband's care giver so it is important to spoil one's self and recharge.  I would then pick up my husband for a ride and ice cream and watch the sunset together.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am having to move out of my apartment this month because the rent has gone up $251 in 3 years. I would take the day and the $200 to spend a much needed day exploring areas and less expensive places to live. With $200 I would have enough for travel expenses to be able to drive to an area that would be much more affordable.

Contributor

Since my husband of nearly 52 years passed away in November 2019, every day has been a "ME" day in as much as I can do whatever I please.

I would take myself and the $200 to Athens, TX  to the Henderson County Foodbank and see if they could use my help for the day. I know they can use the money!

Contributor

Spa day!  Haircut, mani, pedi - and give some good tips to those making me pretty!  If there is anything left - I shall have an adult beverage!  

I would take my sister to get her hair done and take her out to lunch. Since the pandemic, she hasn't gotten her hair done and she needs to get out and get some pampering!

Periodic Contributor

$200? I would make it a day for a road trip that would entail shopping at local family owned businesses. Discovering new places, whether it's a small retailer or eatery. Giving back to those trying to make it in this pandemic world we're living in. 

Contributor

I would order favorite lunches for my daughter, my two grandchildren, and me for a nice picnic at the botanical garden. And with the rest of the money, I would get myself a pair of good walking shoes.

0 Kudos

I would take the day and go somewhere with my family. Make a new happy memory with them with a active outing outside the isolation and stress from the restrictions we all live in now.

Contributor

If I received a windfall of $200 and had a day off, I would go to the fabric store.  I would purchase bolts of fleece fabric in 4 colors Yellow, Maroon, Royal Blue, and a color appropriate for a man. As founder of The Yellow Rose-Strong Oak Society, LLC (a nonprofit), I would then cut the fabric in 1 1/4 yard pieces and take 1/2 of it to have it fabric embroidered appropriately:  Yellow - Yellow Rose (Women 85+); Blue - Blue Diamond Society (Men & Women 80-84); Maroon - Antioch Baptist Church North (members on the sick list); and Appropriate color for men 85+ Strong Oak Society. Finally, I would tie two matching pieces of fabric together to make blankets for these designated groups.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP