Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect.  But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day. 

We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200.  Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!

Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points! 

Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps?  If not be sure to visit and enter here:  https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/

* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules  including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.

AARPTeri
Contributor

I would take a drive to Blowing Rock, NC and stay at my favorite hotel and visit my favorite restaurant. I would also drive in to Boone to visit my favorite General Store.  

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I would create a picnic, fill a bag with art and birding supplies, and buy enough gas to spend the day out on the prairie, drawing and letting my trusty portable solar oven cook lunch. I might even splurge on ice cream for my food cooler. I haven't had ice cream in a year!

0 Kudos

I would purchase bookcases to hold the books that I haven't had a chance to read.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would definitely go out to dinner, then use the balance of the $200 and purchase plants for my yard and or garden.

0 Kudos

I would spend the day working on the scrapbooks that I creating for my two grandsons. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would have someone in to deep clean my house. So I can take a day to play in my craft/sewing room. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I will booked a hotel room and stay there for 2 days . Wouldn't talk to anyone , just 2 days of peace and quite .

0 Kudos
Contributor

Definely get a full body (the works) massage!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I will go out into nature and spend a whole day, walking barefoot, wading, in ocean, walking, smelling the flowers, talking to the trees. 

0 Kudos

I would go to a day spa, get pampered and massaged.  Have a lunch in my spa robe and read a good book.  Have dinner delivered to me at home and continue with a favorite book.  Re-energize!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would support a local business (and get a nice bottle of tequila) and have a margarita with the love of my life.

0 Kudos
Contributor

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

After "Snow-vid" in Texas, losing power and water for three days, all landscaping was killed. I would love to redesign flower beds!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would buy a feast for my family. Have them over to my house to sit on the patio and watch my grand babies play in the yard. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would buy an awesome beach blanket, a beach umbrella and a cute picnic basket.  I'd fill it with some cheese, deli meat, french bread, condiments & fresh fruit. I'd put the top down on my 1972 Convertible VW Bug , drive to the nearest gas station and "fill er up" with gas.   I'd then drive down PCH out to Malibu.  I'd find a spot with a great Ocean view and set up, turn on my music and soak in the sun.  For me, the ocean (sun & air)  have some sort of magical healing powers.  Ahhhh!  I can picture it all in my mind.

Rosalinda Z Maye
0 Kudos

I would pack a picnic and go with my husband and dog to a place in the country where we could let our 14 year old doggie run around without a leash and play! Then we’d all share a Spring picnic. 🥰🤓

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

A day with no interruptions, that would be great.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Treat myself to a spa day. Get a nice massage and enjoy the day.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

A lovely dinner with my cousin and enjoy the day.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I would treat myself to a lovely dinner and then go out and enjoy the scenery this would really make my day. Just drive around the outskirts of town and enjoy the scenery.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

A day of peace and quite no kids around no body to bother me, just rest and relax and do nothing.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Enjoying the days ahead and praying that we can get through this Pandemic, It's not easy to try to do the things you are used to doing, we have to stay safe at all times. This Virus is not over and it won't be anytime soon. We may as well get with the program and stay safe.

God be with all of you out there, just be safe. I do my best to stay safe and you all should too. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Healthy Food, enjoy the good food. I would take $200 and go to dinner and eat healthy food. Stay away from home for the week-in and enjoy the week-in. Along with enjoying myself with nobody to bother me no cell phone. Just one week-in to enjoy my self.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I would get in my car and take a drive to another State somewhere I would feel safe and enjoy myself of course No one is ever safe no matter where you go. No bill paying, no disturbing, no worries just a pleasant day alone to relax my mind and do nothing.

Trusted Contributor

I would stay away from other people. I say be extra careful out there people, this virus is a long way yet from being over. Protect yourselves from everyone. Always wear your mask. $200 dollars would buy more protection for my family and my self.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

And an exciting day at the park and enjoy the singing of the birds and the beautiful sunlight. Enjoying the park but with protection to help myself.

Staying away from others and enjoy the day.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Share the love with my 2 cousins, ages 2 and 1/2 years. The 2 loveable boys. Take them to lunch and enjoy them while we eat. Spending the day with them would be an exciting moment. That would be a great idea.

0 Kudos
Contributor

If I'm lucky enough to win, I'd go out for a nice seafood dinner (and drinks)!

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I would have my grand kids over who I have not seen in a year because of Covid-19. And order some food and have it delivered. Then we can all sit outside under tent and eat, laugh and catch up with each other. I have missed them so much and now that I am fully vaccinated I can finally see them

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would help buy a plane ticket for my niece to come visit. Been home alone for just about a year now, and she is about to turn 18 next week. I haven't seen her in almost 2 years, so it would be nice to have her here for a weekend. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP