Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect.  But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day. 

We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200.  Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!

Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points! 

Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps?  If not be sure to visit and enter here:  https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/

* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules  including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.

AARPTeri
Contributor

Would send my wife to get a full body massage.  This COVID cr@p has her all tensed up (and the fact that I have an immunosuppressed system).  She probably wouldn't go, though, due to COVID.

Contributor

I think I'd go to the salon and maybe have my hair done! I haven't had a good cut and color since February 2020! Right before my sons wedding. Then Covid hit and well, I've not felt comfortable to have it done! Things are improving now so I'd love to cover all this gray! Hahaha

Contributor

I would get my hair done and read a good book at the park.

I would spend the day with my wife at the spa.

Contributor

Spend the day outside with the kids fishing, golfing, whatever they wanted to do. 

Contributor

I will take a day off to shop and pamper myself. 

Trusted Contributor

I am happy for those who have won. I've never won anything on here but God bless you all for your winnings.

If I di win  I would give myself a nice getaway for a week-in.

God bless you all.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

To win $200 would be a blessing. I love winning but so far haven't won anything on AARP. Oh, I tried but no such luck.

I tried the sweepstakes but didn't win. I tried the other items that were there but no such luck. I pretty much gave up on winning anything.  I think that it is not meant for me so I stop trying to win. I don't even try yo win anything anymore. 

God bless all of you you have won prizes and money.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Winning $200 would be a huge blessing for me. I have never won anything on AARP but to all of you that have won, it was a blessing. I entered the sweeps stakes too but never won. God bless all of you that have won anything on AARP. I did try to win but no such luck. God bless you all.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Just a day of relaxation for myself. Getaway and just enjoy myself. No worries, no bill paying, nobody to bother me just relax and enjoy myself.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would take a day off from babysitting my great grand child and a friends grand child. I would ignore or better yet turn off the alarm clock set for 7am and sleep in. I would fix pancakes for breakfast with plenty of butter and syrup. Take a nice leisurely bath, remembering to mute all the phones. I would put on one of my new outfits that still has the tag on it and go get my friend who I have been missing having weekly lunch with and go to our favorite restaurant and have a long lunch catching up on every thing we have been missing for over a year. Yes, we talked over the phone, but it isn't rewarding as face to face.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Start with morning tea in the garden and buy fresh organic fruits to sit by the sea and listen to the waves basking in the afternoon sun. Adjoining to the bandshell to finish the evening with music remembering the 70s era, 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Get myself a message at a massage parlor and relax and enjoy. Enjoy my self and relax.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would go to the south central Ozarks, rent a cabin by a waterfall, pick up a really nice meal paint, write and  putter about by the water until the sun goes down.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would buy more groceries so I can eat better meals

0 Kudos
Contributor

Lost my husband to kidney failure and my daughter and grandkids moved in with me. With no life insurance it has been hard. My other daughter and son-in-law are taking me on a short vacation to relax a bit due to my high blood pressure. I would buy my a new outfit and take them out to dinner for taking me on a all expense paid vacation.

I'd drive to Savannah and tour some of the historical museums there.  Since I live nearby you would think I have already visited them but I guess I kept thinking I can go anytime.  Well if I win the $200 I can afford to take the day off work and go and play tourist and "Just Do It !!!!"  Then go to a restaurant I have never tried to support small business in our area.  Thank you! 

Contributor

I would buy bird seed and shell peanuts for the birds and squirrels in my back yard

Contributor

I would go on a driving tour of the CA coastline near Santa Cruz.  We would also get out and walk down to the water and look for whales and other sea life.  It can be very relaxing listening to the waves coming and going.

Info Seeker

I work with our local police department. So with an extra $200 my wife and I would invite an officer and spouse out for dinner.  

Trusted Contributor

That would be nice. I know he would enjoy that a whole lot.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Give $200 to my local animal shelter, and spend a day volunteering there to care for and clean up after the animals.

I would definitely head out for a massage! Then I would head to a golf course with a friend and play 18 holes of golf.  Afterwards, we would head to an outside eatery and enjoy the day with some adult beverages!

Contributor

I would take my sweet Mom to a very relaxing spa where they pampered us and we would giggle all day long. 

Contributor

I would take my sweet Mom to a very pampering, relaxing spa and giggle all day long with her. 

Contributor

Go on a Day Trip on a boat

Contributor

Grateful that I’ve now received the COVID vaccine, and eager to acknowledge and celebrate the hard work they’ve put into a full year of virtual learning, I would take my three grandkids to see the spectacular tulip fields in bloom in Skagit County, WA, an hour’s drive away. Then we’d stop for awesome ice cream cones at Snow Goose Produce.  

Spend the day and night, hiking and boating, at the Okefenokee Swamp, one of the most pristine and amazing natural places in the US.  The habitat, the quiet and the beauty of nature makes one feel a world away from the angst and hustle of current life.

Contributor

Dreaming of some possibilities!!  Mani/pedi sounds nice!!  A great meal for me and my hubby from a fabulous restaurant.  Maybe someone to clean my house!!  The possibilities seem endless!!

Bronze Conversationalist

☀️With a day off, my husband and I would head south to warmer weather and spend a day at a friend's condo. We would buy a lovely picnic lunch and just sit in the sun and thaw out ☀️

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP