Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Unable to Purchase Giftcards

I have been trying to purchase gift cards on the AARP site for a couple of weeks now and I keep getting the message that Cart checkout is currently unavailable and purchases have been temporarily disabled.  Any idea when this issue will be resolved? 

Periodic Contributor

Yes,  very upset,   I would like to buy some gift cards 

Periodic Contributor

This reward purchases STILL not working what gives?  I know people who could have written a new program from scratch in less time.  This should be an off the shelf program. You can't tell me with thousands of small business selling stuff online this should take weeks to fix,  Get a new program and you can have it up and running in a few days.

Contributor

What kind of IT/web page designer do you people utilize. No one wants apologies, we want the issue solved. Reflects poorly on AARP as a whole

Kudos
Views
Community Concierge

@nr32573430 We sincerely apologize for Rewards checkout being down. Unfortunately, we do not have an estimated timeframe for it to be repaired. Our team is working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. 

Periodic Contributor

There is a hold on my credit card for 900 from aarp.  Because it charged my card.  But then I did not get the gift cards

Screenshot_20220930-112730_Capital One.jpg

@AARPJanelleM wrote:

@nr32573430 We sincerely apologize for Rewards checkout being down. Unfortunately, we do not have an estimated timeframe for it to be repaired. Our team is working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. 

Community Concierge

@JackieR523389 Pending charges will typically fall off within 72 hours when a transaction does not go through. If those charges post, please send me a private message so that I can investigate this further. You can send me a private message by following the steps found here: How to Send a Private Message

0 Kudos

Seriously does AARP think it's acceptable and OK to take this long to fix a shopping cart issue? Or it is a vendor issue or some other incompetent issue disguised as a cart issue? There's no way competent people wouldn't be able to get this fixed. If all people want to do is buy discounted gift cards, why is it such a problem with the rewards program working to make this possible. Always apologizing is lazy and lame and totally unprofessional. Either fix it or do away with the program. Stop apologizing cause you're not sorry. 

Bronze Conversationalist

Hi Janelle, will the continuing IT problem affect the for points only extra-credit redemptions that are coming up in a few days? Please let us know if the extra credit event is postponed.

Thank you so much.

Community Concierge

@a170938b Hey there! Point Redemption has not been affected. We will publish the details if anything changes with the extra credit event plans; as of now I don't know of any changes 😊

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I have been unable to even redeem points. Anyone else have this issue?

Periodic Contributor

I have been having issues for weeks. I also watch videos and a lot of the time do not get points for watching making it impossible to redeem for gift cards. 

Community Concierge

@d65584k The site has been restored. There were some residual issues happening this morning; but they have also been resolved. If you're not earning your points, please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies (more info can be found here: https://aarp.info/2I3wo4C

If you are still having an issue with earning points, please check out the troubleshooting info here: https://aarp.info/2TdQSxo I'm always here to help!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you!

Periodic Contributor

The lack of urgency they seem to have given this problem it probably will be after Christmas.

Silver Conversationalist

This current checkout problem with our rewards program could be a “blessing in disguise”. 🤓  No checkout, No problems.

This is exactly why I do not use this feature. 😫

just saying

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP